Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater State University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate, graduate, and evening degree programs. Centrally located and widely respected, Bridgewater is committed to making a challenging, high quality education accessible and achievable for students in the region and beyond.
Founded in 1840 by Horace Mann, Bridgewater is one of America's first teacher preparation institutions. Today, Bridgewater provides a broad range of graduate and undergraduate degree programs through its School of Graduate Studies, School of Arts and Sciences, School of Business, and School of Education and Allied Studies. Three hundred full-time faculty lead more than a hundred undergraduate and graduate academic programs at the college, which has an enrollment of approximately 10,000 full-time and part-time graduate and undergraduate students.
Expect More. Achieve More.
Bridgewater State University seeks to educate its students to think critically, communicate effectively and act responsibly within a context of personal and professional ethics. Therefore, the college actively recruits faculty and staff who are, first and foremost, committed to the development of the individual student.
Bridgewater's trajectory of excellence has endured since the time of its founding in 1840 as one of the first normal schools in America. Now a premier public university of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the community of students, faculty, staff and volunteers who propel Bridgewater State University ever forward is united behind a common vision and purpose. These values are embodied in the five overarching goals of the university's strategic plan - a beacon of opportunity during the best of times, one of invaluable clarity during moments of challenge.
As the comprehensive teaching university of Southeastern Massachusetts, Bridgewater State University has a responsibility to educate the residents of Southeastern Massachusetts and the commonwealth, and to use its intellectual, scientific and technological resources to support and advance the economic and cultural life of the region and the state.
The Bridgewater State University Strategic Plan propels the institution along a bold trajectory of excellence and aligns decision-making around a clear agenda. Much more than a static document, the Strategic Plan identifies a dynamic process by which the University's forward progress may be managed, monitored and maximized.
One piece of our Strategic Goal is to increase global and cultural awareness and encourage a diversity of perspectives on campus and in the region. BSU is an active participant in The Leading for Change Higher Education Diversity Consortium which is a voluntary collaboration of higher education institutions in Massachusetts and New England committed to identifying student and employee diversity best practices through uniform and transparent use of data, institutional benchmarks and reflective practice.
Employees of BSU are encouraged to utilize the resources of the Diversity Inclusion Resource Institute, whose mission it is to support the diversity and inclusion-oriented research, scholarship, creative endeavors and other practices in higher education. The Office of Institutional Diversity also sponsors dynamic book clubs, trainings, and workshops that provide campus members an opportunity to thoughtfully dialogue with one another about issues of diversity, inclusion and social justice.
The Institute for Social Justice was launched in fall 2012. It comprises the Community Service Center, the Friends and Mentors (FAM) for Change program, Jumpstart, the President's Task Force to End Homelessness, and two Residential Learning Communities.
The Bridgewater State University campus defines social justice as promoting fairness, equal access and equal opportunity, ensuring basic human rights, supporting diversity, and working to end prejudice and discrimination. The mission of the ISJ is to build a continuum of opportunities through which the campus community can address equity issues and work towards solving social problems.
One of our primary goals as a university is to serve as a transformative resource as well as a facilitator of reciprocal partnerships within our regional, national and global communities. Bridgewater encourages and supports civic and international engagement, strategic collaborations, public service programs and a variety of outreach measures, all of which emphasize and strengthen our relationship to our region and the wider world around us.
The Office of Human Resources at Bridgewater State University offers information about employment opportunities and an overview of benefits at the region's comprehensive university, and new employees with information they need to begin their careers.
Following Bridgewater State University on Twitter
|Bridgewater State U @BridgeStateU||28 May|
|Repost by @tpack17 from the Greece studyTour. Share your photos from any study tours, internships,… instagram.com/p/3O-yhEGr8G/|
|Bridgewater State U @BridgeStateU||26 May|
|Hey, Bears: One last look back at spring commencement. This vid captures it all -- in under two minutes. youtube.com/watch?v=E2nfSJ… #bsulife|
|Bridgewater State U @BridgeStateU||25 May|
|Happy Memorial Day, Bears. We are grateful to everyone who has fought for our country. #BSUlife #America instagram.com/p/3GnQaOmrw3/|
|Bridgewater State U @BridgeStateU||22 May|
|We have lots of new followers. Welcome! Here's a bit more about us. youtube.com/watch?v=eExBMb… #college #bsulife #University|
|Follow BridgeStateU on Twitter|
- Nurse for Summer Programs
- Assistant Professor, Dept of Chemical Sciences, Full-time, One Year Position, Biochemistry
- Staff Assistant, Preschool Lead Teacher
- Staff Associate, Speech-Language Pathology Clinical Supervisor
- Assistant Director of Systems
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Computer Science, full-time, temporary, one year position
- Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarian
- Assistant Women's Field Hockey Coach (Part-Time)
- Assistant Professor, Aviation Science Department
- Assistant Professor, Aviation Science Department
- Adjunct Faculty in Marketing, Dept. of Management
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Music (Part-Time)
- Art Model
- Anticipated Vacancies, Certified Flight Instructor
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Theater and Dance
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Special Education and Communication Disorders
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Sociology
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Social Work
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Secondary Education and Professional Programs
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Psychology
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Political Science
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Physics
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Philosophy
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Music
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Movement Arts, Health Promotion and Leisure Studies
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Management
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of History
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Geological Sciences
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Geography
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Foreign Languages
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Elementary and Early Childhood Education
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Economics
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Criminal Justice
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Counselor Education
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Communication Studies
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Art
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Anthropology
- Adjunct Faculty, Dept. of Accounting and Finance