Online Adjunct Professor - Biology
Job Summary/Basic Function
Teaching online undergraduate general education classes in biology; online faculty must have regular access to and familiarity with the Internet/e-mail.
- Teach material from approved curriculum in accordance with assigned schedule to ensure student satisfaction.
- Assists students in achieving completion of objectives and learning outcomes.
- Provides regular and timely feedback to students.
- Participates in school retention initiatives by maintaining productive contact with students and by getting in touch with and offering assistance to absent students.
- Advises students in matters related to academics, attendance, and behaviors.
- Motivates students to actively participate in all aspect of the educational process.
- Maintains and reports student grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants must have a master's degree, including a minimum of 18 hours in the teaching area.
- Degree must be from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Superior interpersonal, customer service, presentation, and communication skills required.
- Creative, innovative, and problem solving skills required.
- Proven organizational skills and ability to complete assignments timely and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Blackboard, and the Internet.
- Able to obtain and maintain licenses if applicable as required by state or accrediting commissions.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the college level is essential.
- Applications for consideration will only be accepted via Liberty University's online automated application process.
Ph.D. in a related field; experience with online course management tools (preferably Blackboard)
Required Applicant Documents
Pastoral Reference Letter
Academic/Professional Reference Letter 1
Unofficial Transcript 1
Special Instructions to Applicants
Once your online adjunct application has been submitted, please print a copy for your records and save all supplemental materials.
Do not mail application or supplemental materials to LU. Viable candidates will be contacted personally with additional instructions if warranted.
Due to the high volume of applicants, please only apply for ONE adjunct posting. Liberty University will contact you if your credentials qualify for another area.
Liberty University draws upon a rich tradition, institutional culture and core documents to distill doctrinal principles set forth below that all adjunct faculty members must affirm as a condition of employment. While all University employees are expected to respect the institutional character reflected in all foundational documents and recognize the duty to refrain from conduct and activities detrimental to the mission of the University, in recognition of the breadth of the historic Christian faith, the University holds inviolable for adjunct professors only those principles considered vital to the faithful pursuit of its distinctive mission, which are set forth below.
1. The Bible alone, and the Bible in its entirety, is the written Word of God and is therefore inerrant in the originals.
2. God is a Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, each an uncreated person, one in essence, equal in power and glory. The world was created by God as expressed in the Genesis account of creation.
3. Jesus Christ is the only son of God, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, was born of a virgin, suffered for the sins of the whole world, was crucified, died, and was buried; on the third day he rose again bodily; he ascended into heaven; he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come again for all His church, and to judge the living and the dead.
4. All people are sinners in need of redemption by grace through faith in Christ alone. The Redeemed will enjoy everlasting life in the presence of God and unbelievers will suffer everlasting judgment in separation from God.