Job Seekers, Sign In
Receiving Teller I (Bursar's Office/OneCard Office) Part-Time « Position Deleted on 8/12/2009 »
|Institution:||Worcester State College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsWorcester State College is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions.
**All Higher Education Classification Specifications shall be available at the Board of Higher Education website: www.mass.edu **
DEPARTMENT: Bursar/OneCard Office
May receive supervision from Receiving Tellers of a higher grade or other employees who provide instructions, assign work and review performance.
Incumbents in this position receive cash, checks or credit cards in payment for fees, bills tuition as well as funding student and staff electronic commerce accounts (One Card).
RESPONSIBILITIES: Working between the Bursar's Office & the One Card Office, you will:
a. Receive payments in cash, check or credit card for payment of bills, fees, tuition or funding spending accounts.
b. Issue receipts for payments.
c. Search for sources of account imbalances or discrepancies using office tools and computer software.
d. Retrieves information from files or records.
e. Notifies delinquent payers or issuers of checks with insufficient funds that payment is due.
f. Prepares periodic reports of transactions.
g. Answers questions or refers inquiries to appropriate parties for action.
h. Performs related duties such as setting up cash drawers, assisting individuals in the preparation of forms and filing documents according to established procedures.
i. Other duties as assigned or required.
Relationships with others:
Major work contacts are with the general public and agency staff.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, clerical experience, the major duties of which involved cashiering, bookkeeping, account recording or the direct handling of funds received or paid out, or education equivalent to experience.
1. Knowledge of the standard procedures and methods followed in handling and recording cash.
2. Knowledge of basic arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
3. Ability to understand, explain and apply the laws, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
4. Ability to work accurately with names, numbers, codes and/or symbols.
5. Ability to perform arithmetical computations with speed and accuracy (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
6. Ability to gather information by examining records and documents.
7. Ability to assemble items of information according to established procedures.
8. Ability to maintain accurate records.
9. Ability to read, write and comprehend the English language.
10. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
11. Ability to communicate effectively in oral expression.
12. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with others.
13. Ability to establish rapport with others.
14. Ability to deal tactfully with others.
15. Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information.
16. Ability to exercise sound judgment.
17. Ability to type.
18. Knowledge of the laws, rules, policies and procedures governing assigned unit activities.
19. Knowledge of the types and uses of agency forms.
20. Knowledge of the proper telephone procedures for making and receiving agency calls.
Hours: M, T, W 3:00 PM to 7:30 PM, Th. 11:45 AM to 5 PM
Days Off: Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Pay: $296.20 (1) / week
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three current, signed letters of recommendation to be considered for the position. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply through Interview Exchange. Those unable to do so may forward the information listed above to the following address: Director of Human Resources, Worcester State College, 486 Chandler Street, Worcester, MA 01602-2597.
Worcester State College is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M/F/D/V. Minorities and Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.