Associate Dean of Admission, Admission Operations
SUMMARY AND SCOPE OF POSITION
The Associate Dean provides leadership and expertise in admission operations, coordinating the work of admission staff and working closely with other college staff to help achieve recruitment, selection, and yield goals established by the department. The incumbent will also participate in recruiting prospective students in general (includes travel, interviewing, information sessions, overseeing programs on and off campus, etc.), and will share in the reading and assessment of 5,000+ applications annually.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent Bates' institutional mission and educational philosophy to constituencies both on and off campus.
- As a member of the Senior Admission Leadership Team, work closely with colleagues in Admission and Financial Aid in developing, maintaining and implementing policies, best practices, and programs aimed at maintaining and improving admission operations at Bates.
- Play a primary role in overseeing the implementation and execution of admission operations as well as supervising the professional office specialists, in coordination with recruitment, selection, and yield goals established by the department.
- In consultation with the Dean and Director, develop an 18-month plan and timetable for admission operations in coordination with recruitment, selection, and yield goals and activities that is compatible with the Admission and Financial Aid's overall calendar of activities and events.
- Participate in the training and supervision of Assistant Deans, Admission Counselors, professional office staff, and student staff.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Dean and/or Director
Bachelor's degree, master's degree preferred. Three to five years of experience in admission or related field with evidence of progressively increased responsibility. Experience working with a complex set of project requirements in a high-paced, high-quality environment is required. Experience with technology and affiliations with related national and regional admission and financial aid associations are preferred. Valid driver's license required.
A successful candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills that lend themselves to a variety of social environments. The Associate Dean will need to be well organized, self-motivating, capable of balancing multiple priorities, energetic, and contribute to the overall high morale of the office.
Bates College is committed to building and maintaining a workforce that accurately reflects the diversity of our student body, alumni network, and local community. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive work environment. Bates is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Applicants should submit a resume and letter of interest online at http://bit.ly/NuytNm. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received and until position is filled.
Our preference is that all documents uploaded be in a .pdf format as one document. Incomplete applications may not be considered. Questions regarding the application process may be directed to Amie Parker, Employment Manager, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.