Job Seekers, Sign In
Director, Colleague Application Services « Position Deleted on 12/25/2012 »
|Institution:||Dynamic Campus for Texas Southmost College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJoin the Dynamic Campus team, www.dynamiccampus.com, in Brownsville, TX!
This position is responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the college's Colleague enterprise application system and associated third party enterprise applications. The responsibility includes design, development, support, and maintenance. The Director will work closely with senior college leadership, internal IT leadership, and representatives of administrative and academic departments to develop and execute the college's administrative technology tactical plans. The position provides site management with analysis and recommendations to improve and expand applications, system integration and application performance.
This position is responsible for the management and ongoing implementation of the college's Colleague ERP system and infrastructure. This includes the supervision, training, and evaluation of ERP support staff; prioritization and planning of work schedules and assignments; communication across organizational units within IT and with managers and functional administrators in support of the execution of the administrative technology tactical plan and various tasks. The Director participates in application development activities as necessary. The selected candidate will be a key team player of the Dynamic Campus and Texas Southmost College, www.tsc.edu, partnership, in Brownsville, TX.
When administrative systems projects are being considered:
- Develop needs analyses of potential projects, identify potential solutions and vendors, create requests for proposals, coordinate evaluation of proposals, and facilitate decisions.
- Prepare project scope and develop project plans, including project tasks, resource allocation, timelines, and deliverables.
- Design and carry out implementation process. Anticipate problems and resolve issues where conflicting needs and solutions surface. Revise plans and process as needed to respond to unanticipated problems, and minimize negative consequences to priority needs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year institution or related field, or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Experience with databases such as Microsoft SQL used in conjunction with Higher Education ERP systems.
- Knowledge and proficiency utilizing Ellucian's Colleague ERP system and other higher education administrative applications.
- Understanding of software development cycles and software development tools.
- Ability to facilitate problem-solving among administrative groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with administrative users, technical staff, and senior management.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, guidelines or regulations as they relate to IT.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication and presentation skills across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to apply application development in solving business problems.
- Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions.
- Develop excellent understanding of institutional process needs as they span or interact with the specific viewpoints of individual administrative departments. Solutions should be developed to maximize system improvements from the broadest perspective for the college as a whole.
- Maintain regular interaction with all administrative areas to ensure optimized support of the work of the college, including writing reports and ad hoc queries, overseeing process flows, and serving as the first level of help for business systems.
- Serve as liaison between functional users and technical support staff for administrative systems.
- Stay current on product availability to meet college's needs and propose new initiatives to meet identified needs.
- Ensure the implementation and oversee change management process for application development and updates.
- Coordinate process and timing of regular upgrades, applications of program fixes, etc, for existing programs and integrate with on-going projects.
- Develop and oversee on-going training programs for new and experienced users of administrative systems.
- Design project teams and strategies to coordinate efforts of people from appropriate administrative and computing departments, outside consultants, vendors, and other 'user' groups in meeting the Institution's goals for use of administrative systems.
Dynamic Campus, Inc. is the premier outsourcing partner dedicated to serving the Higher Education marketplace. Serving over sixty institutions from its headquarters in Austin, Texas, Dynamic Campus provides critical technology vision, leadership and execution across a diverse set of complex universities and colleges. Dynamic Campus effectively manages essential administrative solutions, academic solutions, reporting solutions and all underlying infrastructure components for its clients located across the country. Our solutions fit the specific needs of the institution and our practice is to offer vendor independent services so we are 100% aligned with your interests.
Dynamic Campus offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k); 3 weeks of vacation starting first year of employment; paid holidays and sick days; medical, dental, and vision; life insurance; and short and long term disability.
Dynamic Campus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.