Payroll and Benefits Assistant
Position Deleted on 1/31/2013. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
- Admin - Human Resources
- Admin - Business and Financial Services
$43,000 to $48,000 USD Per Year
Under general supervision and with a high degree of autonomy the Payroll & Benefits Assistant oversees the day to day operations of payroll and benefits. The Payroll & Benefits Assistant will coordinate and assist with administering the five college payrolls and benefits administration. The Payroll & Benefits Assistant is responsible for all administrative tasks in the absence of the Director of Payroll and Benefits or the Benefits Manager.
- Bachelor's degree plus an additional two years full-time relevant experience or Associates degree plus six years full-time relevant experience;
- Demonstrated excellent leadership abilities;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and implement change successfully;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an employee-oriented culture emphasizing continuous improvement;
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience in a culturally diverse environment;
- Demonstrated ability to work in team environment;
- Ability to problem solve and work independently;
- Proficiency with desktop productivity tools.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field;
- Experience with benefits administration and on boarding; training and standardization of payroll operations;
- Experience with time and attendance, HRMS, and payroll systems;
- Experience with working in a unionized environment;
- Experience with federal and state employment and tax laws;
- Experience with website maintenance;
- Experience with New York State Department of Civil Service.
The College at Brockport values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from underrepresented groups. The State University of New York is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.