Learner Support Specialist (AU) « Position Deleted on 3/24/2014 »
|Institution:||Argosy University - Seattle|
|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
|Location||Argosy University Seattle Seattle, WA 98109, US|
|Travel Required||0 - 20%|
Please note: this is a 1/2 time Position.
Under the supervision of the Area Library Director, the Learner Support Specialist manages the AU Information Commons in support of the mission of the University. This position works to ensure that the Information Commons functions properly and assists students, faculty and staff in its use. The Learner Support Specialist directs the work of the Information Commons staff, as appropriate. This position supports academic information technology needs and acts as the test administrator for the Campus. Campus Learner Support Specialists are trained in and may assist in progress advising. This position requires the ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, and to be available until 9 PM on certain days. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Coordinate campus based information needs, including student and faculty training, basic interlibrary loan, book check-out, and perform embedded librarianship and instructional research sessions to classes both in person and online
- Maintain Information Commons in an orderly manner; perform regular inventory and weeds materials when needed or when scheduled to do so
- Conducts special information-related projects as assigned
- Learner Support: Administer academic technology test, and other tests as needed; May also assist in progress advising, as schedules allow
- Academic Technology: Provide academic technology instruction support; Teach on-campus computer skills both through formalized workshops and informal help desk inquires
Area Director and Campus Vice President of Academic Affairs
Up to 3 Work Study Students
Students, faculty and campus leaders
- Bachelors degree or higher from a recognized accredited college or university
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful work experience
- Visionary leadership in learning resources and instructional support to work with faculties, students, families and communities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with student and staff populations
- Superior organization, prioritization, and self-motivation skills
- Strong computer skills; MS Office Suite
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
We are proud to be an EEO employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug screen as well as conducting a background check. Thank you for applying today.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.