MEng Program Coordinator, Bioinstrumentation - Bioengineering (A1400120)
- Admin - Admissions and Enrollment
- Admin - Student Affairs and Services
MEng Program Coordinator, Bioinstrumentation
Department of Bioengineering
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Department of Bioengineering at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of MEng Program Coordinator, Bioinstrumentation. This position is responsible for the management of applications and admissions, serves as a key leader in the program and participates in all management meetings involving curricula, marketing, and recruiting. The Department of Bioengineering is located on the Urbana-Champaign campus. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Conduct recruiting events for high-quality targeted applicants.
- Coordinate all aspects of Admissions process for the MEng of Bioinstrumentation program and related student services responsibilities.
- Coordinate program operations both on-site and for remote delivery of instruction, program activities, and events.
- Organize annual Industry Advisory Board meetings.
- Provide timely processing of application material to the Graduate College for admission of graduate students to the Bioinstrumentation program.
- Maintain all graduate student records within the department for the Bioinstrumentation Program.
- Serve as the program liaison to the College of Engineering, Graduate College and Campus for the Bioinstrumentation program.
- Oversight and coordination of program outreach events, professional development activities, award recognition ceremonies, alumni events and other related departmental events.
- Assist in the development and management of the budget for student expenses.
- Manage all student, faculty, and visitor lodging and payment of honoraria to speakers/faculty.
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree required in Engineering, Business, Human Resources, or related field. Accuracy and attention to detail are necessary, as is the ability to understand international rules and customs. Ability to work on multiple projects and develop priorities. Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications. Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service. Proficiency with computer applications, including word processing, presentation, spreadsheet and web maintenance programs.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's degree in Engineering, Business, Human Resources, or related field. Minimum of five years' experience with progressive responsibility in a corporate or university setting. Experience working with international graduate students or executives.
The MEng Program Coordinator, Bioinstrumentation position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by April 2, 2014. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Caitie Bruning, email@example.com, 217-244-7693.
Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu)