Job Seekers, Sign In
Welcome Center Manager « Position Deleted on 8/02/2010 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Welcome Center manager is a frontline point of contact for the external community via phone, the Web and in person, and also for internal purposes. The manager is charged with recruiting, training and deploying a special workforce of student volunteers. The manager plays a significant role in the Public Affairs community relations arena by providing oversight and logistical support to major campus events, neighborhood and community events and visits by the consular corps and other local, state, national and international leaders. The Welcome Center generates income for Public Affairs through the management of bridal photos and the manager will be responsible for developing a plan to increase revenue from these kinds of activities. The manager will also devise and implement proposals for new initiatives to upgrade the Rice Welcome Center, making it a more engaging and informative introduction to Rice visitors. This position requires evening and weekend work.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist walk-in visitors, provide information and directions related to office locations, buildings and events. Provide helpful, accurate and courteous written and telephone responses to those seeking information on many topics. Serve as a "first filter" to reply to or redirect email inquiries.
- Provide oversight and logistical support to major campus events, specialized campus tours, neighborhood and community events and visits by the consular corps and other local, state, national and international leaders. Recruit, train and assign student volunteers to above activities.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate other specialized campus uses, particularly those relating to wedding, photographic and filming use of the campus. Requires mastery and regularly scheduled updating of on-line reservation and registration systems; also responsible for billing and accounting for revenue-producing activities. Develop a plan to increase the revenue potential of such activities.
- Devise concepts and proposals for new initiatives, such as upgrading the Rice Welcome Center. Assess the Welcome Center's current situation and, within existing space and budget constraints, make the center a much more inviting and informative spot for visitors.
- Disseminate maps and other published information about the Rice community, including information on continuing studies, lectures, special events, etc. Research and update "Open Invitation" offerings on the Public Affairs website www.rice.edu/neighbor.
- Track and analyze metrics related to all duties of the office and prepare annual and interim written reports. Work with supervisor to improve the efficiency and impact of the Welcome Center and its functions.
- Arrange loan of flags, banners and booth, assisting with the set up on and off-campus.
Required: Bachelor's degree; one year of work experience in higher education or other non-profit organizations that includes public relations, event planning, and/or volunteer recruitment, training and management.
Rice University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.