Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant/Associate Professor of New Testament « Position Deleted on 7/01/2011 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Divinity School
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for faculty employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. SUBMIT ALL the following documents IN ONE PACKAGE directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), email to email@example.com , or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see web link below)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form cannot be accepted.
2. ORDER "OFFICIAL" TRANSCRIPT(S) OF THE HIGHEST GRADUATE-LEVEL DEGREE(S) RECEIVED (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department. For example: A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh NC 27601.
Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official and cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
- Ph.D. in New Testament and the M.Div. degree (or equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher learning or related discipline.
- Minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field
- Ability to effectively teach college-level New Testament courses, with a commitment to providing excellence in education, including the ability to present course teachings in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values.
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population and adapt to change.
- Demonstrated success teaching at the college level.
- Recent experience in a higher education setting
- Candidates with teaching experience and expertise in an additional area also offered in the assigned department is highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in using instructional technology.
- Effectively teach introductory required courses, upper level electives and Biblical Greek, with a commitment to providing excellence in education.
- Teaching, ministerial and publication experience, along with a commitment to collegiality.
- Utilize a variety of teaching strategies and present teaching materials in an understandable and effective manner, using related testing measurements that accurately reflect the stated course objectives.
- Hold classes as scheduled.
- For each course taught, allot a minimum of one hour per week to provide student assistance and advice in the applicable academic subject area.
- Participate in orientation sessions conducted each semester, as applicable.
- Advise students in appropriate course scheduling; assist advisees in defining and developing realistic goals in keeping with their abilities and interests.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date student records pertaining to attendance, assignments and grades.
- Maintain effective collegial communication, professional interaction, and functional relations within the assigned main-campus academic Department and the off-campus site.
- Abide by and ensure compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 9 months
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.