Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Student Retention « Position Deleted on 7/02/2011 »
|Institution:||Bowling Green State University|
|Location:||Bowling Green, OH|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe Director: provides academic and administrative vision and leadership to the Office of Student Retention as it exists within Enrollment Management and the larger University; is responsible for the development, coordination, and delivery of student retention programs and services that engage, support, and retain students to their successful program/degree completion; and has functional oversight for activities and initiatives related to enrollment preparation (New Student Orientation) and progression tracking (early alert and progress reporting). The Director successfully facilitates high-level collaborations with other divisions, areas, and units, resulting in student success, achievement of learning outcomes, and timely graduation. Together with University partners and stakeholders (faculty, staff, and others) the Director is responsible for creating campus-wide awareness of available academic and support systems for diverse student populations; engaging students in programs and services that support retention; and supporting the strategic goals and mission of the Division of Enrollment Management and the University.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
* Manage/lead department. Establish long and short term strategic goals and objectives for OSR; monitor progress toward goals; oversee the daily operation of department activities, including short and long range planning, budget oversight; hiring, supervision, and evaluation of personnel and assignment of staffing resources, and evaluate/assess program effectiveness.
* Lead/coordinate retention efforts. Collaborate with administrative units and college offices to coordinate and assess effectiveness of academic services, support systems, and new initiatives that contribute to retention. Anticipate and identify campus-wide and department policies and processes that create barriers and impede students' timely degree/program completion. Advocate and champion progressive and positive change through high-level and effective collaboration and positive working relationships with colleges/college advising offices, student services offices (Student Financial Aid, Registration and Records, Office of the Bursar, Residence Life) student support offices (Advising Services, Dean of Students, Multicultural Affairs, Learning Commons, Nontraditional and Transfer Student Services, Counseling Center); and campus support units (ITS, BGSU Police, Campus Operations, Student Enrollment Communication Center). Serve on director-level committees to review, make, and shape policies that influence student enrollment and retention.
* Assess retention programs and initiatives. Convene and participate on (ad hoc and standing) strategic University committees to maintain awareness of policies and practices that impact student retention; utilize information regarding best practices; identify potential problems and recommend solutions; develop/implement/utilize evaluation and assessment tools to monitor and predict progress toward retention goals/targets; communicate progress to appropriate stakeholders; utilize data to inform practice; and write reports.
* Professional development and learning. Keep current of trends and best practices in related fields; make presentations to the University community and at professional conferences and associations; complete projects and special assignments as directed by the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
* Outreach and service. Participate in University outreach and recruitment events and programs as needed; represent the department, Division of Enrollment Management, and the University at conferences and associations.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Strong collaboration and communication skills; systems thinking/development; assessment, outcomes, and data evaluation; customer service and program evaluation/assessment; problem solving.
Master's degree in business, marketing, human resources, administration, management information systems, higher education, counseling required. Also required five years of progressively responsible management/supervisory experience including staff supervision, budget oversight, and long and short-term planning.
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
This is a full-time administrative staff position. Minimum starting salary will be $68,500. Full benefit package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references by email (as one document in one attachment if possible) to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62021)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43402
Review of applications will begin on July 1, 2011 and will continue until the position is filled.
(Official transcript(s) and letters of recommendation will be required of final candidates.)
Ohio law (OCR 2909.34) requires that if you are selected for an on-campus interview for the position you will be required to complete a Declaration Regarding Material Assistance/ Nonassistance to a Terrorist Organization (DMA) form. Information on this form will be provided to you by the hiring department and must be completed PRIOR to your interview. You will find a link to the DMA form as well as additional information from the following web site: http://www.homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/dma.asp or on the Office of Human Resources web site at:
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
For information regarding BGSU's crime statistics, please visit Public Safety's website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Bowling Green State University is committed to equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Office of Equity, Diversity and Immigration Services, 705 Administration Building, BGSU, is responsible for compliance with all relevant statutes, including Title IX and Section 504, Disability Services for Students is located at 413 South Hall and is responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.