Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of the Annual Fund « Position Deleted on 9/01/2011 »
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsJob Description
Title: Director of the Annual Fund
Reports To: Vice President for Advancement
FLSA Status: Salary Exempt
Characteristics of Job:
The Director of the Annual Fund is responsible for planning and implementing a program of annual giving to the Student Impact Fund-with funds raised being used where needed most for operating support with financial aid and scholarship assistance being a priority. The Director of the Annual Fund works closely with all members of the advancement staff. The Director also works closely with volunteers in carrying out any fund drives for the annual Student Impact Fund.
Examples of Duties or Responsibilities:
* Develop overall short and long range plans for annual giving, work with advancement team members by setting goals and objectives in line with the three year advancement plan for the institution and manage the budget for all annual giving activities
* Organize and manage all aspects and segments of annual giving including phonathons, direct mail appeals, online giving, and personal visits for annual fund gifts
* Assisted by the Office of Communication, create a communications plan that positions and promotes giving to the annual student impact fund
* In collaboration with the Director of Alumni Relations and other advancement staff, recruit, oversee and motivate all volunteers and their activities as they relate to annual giving, and maintain timely communication with those volunteers
* Personally solicit leadership gifts ($1000 or more) from key volunteers and selected prospects
* Manage annual stewardship correspondence with constituents and oversee acknowledgement of annual student impact fund gifts as part of the advancement gift receipting and acknowledgement policy
* Work in concert with other advancement staff in planning and implementing special events
* Manage a reporting system to provide analysis of the effectiveness of the program on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
* And other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree with work experience in a college environment, preferably in development or alumni relations.
* Must be a strong communicator, have excellent written, presentation, oral communications and interpersonal skills. Must possess strong leadership skills, be able to motivate and influence others. Individual must be able to think creatively and strategically, have excellent judgment and be able to work in a changing environment.
* Background Check Required
Union College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.