Job Seekers, Sign In
Technology Project Coordinator « Position Deleted on 3/03/2012 »
|Institution:||Bowling Green State University|
|Location:||Bowling Green, OH|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTECHNOLOGY PROJECT COORDINATOR
College of Arts and Sciences
Bowling Green State University
Provide primary administrative technology support to the Dean and Associate Deans. Develop new applications using current web and database technologies to support the administrative processes in the college. Serve as principal office liaison to Department Chairs & Directors, Information Technology Services, and external vendors in matters involving evaluation and prioritization of hardware and software requests. Make recommendations to the Dean and the Associate Dean for Resources & Planning regarding hardware and software acquisitions.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop new applications to support the administrative and business process of the College.
- Maintain existing applications including the web-based scholarship application, the on-line election system, and the College's faculty database.
- Maintain the digital presence of the College using various media.
- Collect and provide preliminary review of annual desktop replacement requests from the departments in the College; submit desktop requests to ITS; coordinate replacement of machines in departments labs with ITS.
- Collect and provide preliminary review of annual software requests from the departments in the College; convene College Technology Committee to review requests; submit prioritized software requests to ITS.
- Develop and maintain PeopleSoft queries for the College and other units in the College.
- Respond to inquiries from Chairs & Directors regarding special or emergency technology requests.
- Advise Dean and Associate Deans on technology-related matters.
- Serve as liaison to ITS and represent the College on the Academic Software Advisory Committee.
- Serve as liaison to the School of Art and its Digital Arts program.
- Provide technical support for the end users and their systems within the College office.
- Analyze and prepare system requirements and cost estimates.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot general desktop hardware/software issues.
- Ability to manage project deadlines and work as a team or independently.
- Good communication skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas/problems/solutions to various levels of audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of University standard operating procedures.
Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent in computer programming or information systems required. Three years of managing technology projects and four years of web application development in an organizational setting required.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62244)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 2, 2012
(Official transcript(s) and letters of recommendation will be required of final candidates.)
Ohio law (OCR 2909.34) requires that if you are selected for an on-campus interview for the position you will be required to complete a Declaration Regarding Material Assistance/ Non-assistance to a Terrorist Organization (DMA) form. Information on this form will be provided to you by the hiring department and must be completed PRIOR to your interview. You will find a link to the DMA form as well as additional information from the following web site:
http://homelandsecurity.ohio.gov/dma/dma_forms.asp or on the Office of Human Resources web site at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/ohr.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
For information regarding BGSU's crime statistics, please visit Public Safety's website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Bowling Green State University is committed to equal opportunity for all and does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, disability, or veteran status. The Office of Equity, Diversity and Immigration Services, 705 Administration Building, BGSU, is responsible for compliance with all relevant statutes, including Title IX and Section 504, Disability Services for Students is located at 413 South Hall and is responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.