Job Seekers, Sign In
Auxiliary Services Director « Position Deleted on 4/17/2012 »
|Institution:||Chemeketa Community College|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsChemeketa Community College
We are currently recruiting for:
AUXILIARY SERVICES DIRECTOR
Posting Number: 0600887
Chemeketa Community College is the third largest post-secondary institution in Oregon, with approximately 50,000 students enrolled from a diversity of backgrounds. Chemeketa has seven locations, Salem campus, Yamhill Valley campus, Brooks Regional Training facility, Woodburn center, Dallas center, Center for Business & Industry and Viticulture at Eola. Chemeketa's district encompasses nearly 2,700 square miles of the Mid-Willamette Valley and includes all of Marion, Polk, and most of Yamhill counties with a small portion of Linn county. About 465,000 citizens live in the district, with Salem, the capitol city of the state of Oregon, comprising the largest single concentration of citizens. Full-time enrollment increased by 35% in the last five years.
Chemeketa Community College values access and diversity which is affirmed by how we care, collaborate, and innovate with each other and the community. We promise to actively support student learning from precollege to transfer or to the workplace and lifelong learning by focusing on student success, quality, and sustainability in all of our practices and by being responsible stewards of our resources.
We are a college community enriched by the diversity of our students, staff, and community members. Each individual and group has the potential to contribute in our learning environment. Each has dignity. To diminish the dignity of one is to diminish the dignity of us all.
POSITION SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provides vision and leadership for the management, general operation, and supervision of the Bookstore, Mailroom, Copy Center and Shipping/Receiving.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of community college students and employees.
- Actively participates in the retention and recruitment of students.
- Embraces appropriate technology tools to accomplish job functions; understands and utilizes available technology as communication and data gathering tools.
- Motivates and encourages all team members to actively participate in continuous improvement activities in order to facilitate delivery of effective, high-quality services to both internal and external customers. May be asked to learn, lead and use Lean practices.
- Analyzes, develops, implements, and monitors services and procedures in alignment with college vision, values, goals and promises for college bookstore, campus card, mailroom, copy center, and shipping/receiving district wide to meet the needs of students and customers. Performs ongoing evaluation of performance and takes timely corrective action.
- Acts as primary contact for commercial vendors wishing to sell, distribute or promote products, merchandise or services to students and employees.
- Manages and supervises bookstore operations, including merchandising strategy, pricing structure, physical layout, and marketing activities district wide.
- Provides leadership to mailroom, copy center, shipping/receiving operations, and designated archive storage area.
- Establishes fiscal procedures and ensures accountability of financial transactions; implements cash, security, and inventory controls for bookstore and campus card.
- Oversees district wide vending operations contract.
- Develops and implements bookstore marketing activities to increase sales and profit; maintains knowledge of current merchandising strategies and future forecasting trends; monitors shifts in products, services, and pricing; determines expansion or discontinuation of merchandise lines; meets with vendors and studies catalogs to compare prices and quality of merchandise for resale.
- Ensures the financial viability of the college bookstore and copy center; develops business plan and prepares annual budget; approves and monitors all expenditures and purchase orders; develops financial reports as necessary; works directly with college auditors.
- Supervises staff, including hiring, evaluating, training, and scheduling.
- Represents Auxiliary Services within the college and externally; collaborates with college departments regarding issues affecting Auxiliary Services.
- Communicates and settles disputes with staff and students.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Exempt salary schedule
Exempt salary schedule, Range; $63,240/yr to $85,848/yr.
Initial salary placement would rarely extend beyond mid-point, $78,792/yr
Salary placement is subject to current, funding availability, experience and education.
The college also provides an excellent benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage (subject to employee and college collective bargaining agreements). Other benefits also include generous vacation/holidays as well as: life, and disability insurance and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) or Oregon Public Services Retirement Plan (OPSRP).
Associate's degree from an accredited institution in business administration, marketing, merchandising or related field
Five years of full time progressively responsible experience in retail, including purchasing, accounting, and personnel management merchandising and marketing promotion
Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or related field
Three years of full time progressively responsible experience in retail, including purchasing, accounting, and personnel management merchandising and marketing promotion.
Two years of experience with computerized automated systems in a retail environment
Two years successful experience working with vendors and business community
Two years of supervisory experience
Experience managing a college/university bookstore;
Point of sale automated system experience;
Experience with copy center, mailroom, campus card;
College Stores Professional (CSP) certification;
For complete information on this and other job opportunities, please visit our web site at http://jobs.chemeketa.edu
Or contact us at (503) 399-5009
We are an EO/AA/ADA institution
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.