Senior Language Educator (Manhattan Campus) (R3359) « Position Deleted on 4/18/2012 »
|Institution:||St. John's University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
Title: Senior Language Educator
Department: The Language Connection
- Work 35 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (includes full-time teaching of 18 hours per week during each 7-week session/5 sessions per year).
- Provide leadership and mentoring to new instructors.
- Attend all faculty meetings.
- Advise and counsel students throughout the semester.
- Assist with new student orientation.
- Give student workshops.
- Order and evaluate textbooks, websites and other resources, as needed.
- Develop course materials for 7-week and Jr. ESL programs.
- Attend staff development and in-service training meetings.
- Participate in placement testing and scoring throughout the year.
- Conduct professional development workshops.
- Present at professional conferences.
- MA or MS in TESOL or Applied Linguistics or related field.
- 5 years experience teaching adults in an academic English program.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Work well with others.
- Ability to respond quickly to new program requests; familiarity with Microsoft Office. Experience with using technology tools for teaching and learning including blogs, wikis, course management system, etc.
- This position is subject to a comprehensive background screen, with employment contingent upon satisfactory results. If access to a University vehicle is required for the position, a DMV check for driving record and valid driver's license is also required.
St. John's offers a competitive compensation program which is commensurate with your qualifications, experience, and contingent upon the
departmental budget. We also offer an extremely comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our workforce.
Along with exceptional benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability insurance, tuition remission, generous 403(b) employer contribution, employee assistance program, and liberal paid time off policies, faculty and staff can also enjoy St. John's performing arts, libraries, bookstores, dining facilities, campus recreation and sporting events.
St. John's University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.