Job Seekers, Sign In
Advisor/Counselor (Allied Health Sciences) « Position Deleted on 9/29/2012 »
|Institution:||Florida A&M University|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTITLE: Advisor/Counselor (Allied Health Sciences)
POSITION NUMBER: 19543 (Faculty)
LOCATION: University Retention
PAY GRADE/SALARY RANGE: $33,990.00
CONTRACT PERIOD: 12 Months
DEADLINE DATE: 9/28/2012
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Master's Degree and two years of academic advising and counseling experience. Preference will be given to applicants with experience advising students majoring in Allied Health Sciences.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have:
- Knowledge of academic advisement and counseling
- Knowledge of issues related to postsecondary access including target populations, community, agencies, member colleges and universities, etc.
- Good organizational and follow-through skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to advise and counsel students
- Ability to initiate activities and work independently
- Ability to collaborate and work on teams
- Ability to represent program mission to external constituencies
TO APPLY: Applicant should submit the following: (1) Cover letter that explains suitability for the position, (2) a FAMU employment application (go to www.famu.edu), (3) a current curriculum vitae, (4) the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of three professional references, and (5) unofficial copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Applications will be received until the deadline date and should be sent to:
C/O Mrs. Carrie M. Gavin, Equal Opportunity Programs
Florida A&M University
674 Gamble Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32307
FAMU is an equal opportunity, equal access university.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.