Job Seekers, Sign In
Assessment Coordinator « Position Deleted on 1/01/2013 »
|Institution:||North Carolina Central University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsThe successful candidate for this position will coordinate and further develop plans, strategies and methods for the assessment of student learning outcomes. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide on-going support for program assessment activities related to the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), organize and provide assessment workshops and other experiences that will assist with the analyses of data (results).
The Assessment Coordinator reports to the Dean of the University College and is responsible for coordinating assessment of the College's student learning outcomes and ensure they are in line with the General Education Curriculum (GEC) by working closely with the Directors of the GEC and QEP, and subcommittees with assessment designs and implementations, data collection, analyses, interpretation and reporting.
- Assist in the development of data-driven, outcome based assessment of all University College programs
- Provide leadership, coordination, expertise, support, and analysis of the College's assessment efforts
- Assist and encourage faculty to effectively use assessment to increase student learning outcomes
- Provide oversight and guidance for assessment of the QEP
- Prepare and submit brief annual assessment reports for each unit in the University College
- Assist the College in moving assessment to a higher, more substantial level by working with College's assessment needs, both student learning outcomes, and college-wide outcomes
- Collect and collate assessment results from participating faculty in university-wide departments
- Focus on assessing student learning and performance outcomes. In academic programs, outcomes assessment provides evidence of what students know and are able to do at specific points in the curriculum compared to program-defined learning objectives
- Manage and track QEP student artifact uploads to the electronic portfolio system and provide technical support to all QEP constituents
- Develop and facilitate QEP-related workshops, presentations and conferences locally, regionally, and nationally
- Provide leadership for training activities related to the QEP
- Chair the QEP Assessment Committee
Education: Master's degree in higher education, mathematics, educational research, research and evaluation or related field.
Experience: Three (3) or more years of experience involving academic outcomes and assessment, to include: working with faculty on assessment projects, knowledge of general education and/or core curriculum, knowledge of assessment theory and practices including outcome-based assessment, knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods, broad knowledge of theory, principles and practices of academic outcomes assessment. Candidate must have demonstrated competence in the use of technology including spreadsheets, relational databases, and statistical software applications such as SPSS, Microsoft Excel or similar spreadsheet software, and electronic portfolio systems. Excellent oral and written communication skills and mentoring competencies, higher education teaching experience, ability to work with diverse constituencies including faculty, administrators and staff.
Higher education skills and experience demonstrated by the successful applicant may include: teaching, learning outcomes assessment design and implementation; teaching/professional development effectiveness; work with faculty and staff in multiple disciplines; program evaluation; institutional accreditation; collection, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
Contact: Ontario Wooden, Ph.D
Dean, University College
North Carolina Central University
North Carolina Central University, an EEO/AA employer, complies with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. All new employees must provide original documents verifying identity and employability within the first three (3) days of employment with the University. Accommodations for applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act or Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, are available upon request.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.