This is a term appointment that reports to the Director of Research and Sponsored Programs at SUNY Cobleskill. This is a calendar year (twelve-month) professional appointment shared between two SUNY colleges, Cobleskill and Delhi. The incumbent will assist faculty and staff at both SUNY campuses with identifying and understanding grant opportunities and writing fundable grant proposals to private foundations and state and federal agencies. This is an entry level position where experience in grants is preferred, but not required. The incumbent will work three days per week at the SUNY Delhi campus in Delhi, NY and two days per week at the SUNY Cobleskill campus in Cobleskill, NY. Employment is with the State University of New York at Cobleskill.
· Provide faculty and staff training on electronic grant databases
· Work with faculty and staff to identify grant opportunities meeting key interest areas
· Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to develop fundable projects that align with college strategic plan and funding agency priorities
· Write and submit grant proposals, including budgets, work plans, and all necessary supporting documentation
· Maintain calendar for required Principal Investigator reporting to funding agencies
· Maintain accurate records on grant activities at both campuses
· Participate in SUNY Research Foundation meetings and trainings
· Provide post-award grant administration assistance as needed
Bachelor's degree and experience in grant, manuscript, technical or other professional writing. Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills required. Outgoing and engaging personality a plus. Basic understanding of grant processes and funding agencies. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse campus communities to find synergy between campus interests and funding availability. Motivated, self-starter with initiative. Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel. Familiarity with electronic grant application systems and funding opportunity databases a plus.
Completed application consists of the following:
-Current resume or CV
-Letter of application outlining qualifications
-Cobleskill application form
-Contact information for three professional references