Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff - Research Associate (PR101612RIM) « Position Deleted on 4/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Institute for Health, Social & Community Research (IHSCR)
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following:
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by: mailed hard copy or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae. (Note: A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.)
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of candidate's fully completed application package AND mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s), then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Center for Survey Research (CSR) Research Associate will help to train Shaw University faculty and students in data and database management, data quality control, statistical analysis, data entry, and information technology. Specific areas of assistance include research design, database management, statistical review of grants and manuscripts, and coordination of innovative web-based solutions for storing and disseminating social and community-based research projects and observational studies.
- Master's degree in sociology, social psychology, epidemiology, psychology, public health, public policy, or related field.
- Extensive experience in survey design and implementation in a research setting.
- Experience leading data collection projects with various subject populations and survey modes .
- Strong skills in project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
- A valid North Carolina driver's license is required.
- Ph.D. in related research field
- Knowledge and experience working with WinCATi, SAS, SUDAAN and Atlas ti applications
- Manage complex survey research project(s) and be responsible for client relations.
- Consult regarding layout of high quality mail survey instruments and self-administered questionnaires according to faculty, researcher, student, and community partner specifications, while maintaining best practices for survey research.
- Support the day-to-day work of the CSR, interviewers, and ensure the investigator needs and project contract requirements are continually met.
- Oversee telephone, mail, web and in-person surveys.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
- A valid North Carolina driver's license.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.