Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Athletic Trainer « Position Deleted on 1/11/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Athletic Training
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer works under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and Director of Sports Medicine to supervise the care of student athletes competing in the University's athletic programs. The assistant athletic trainer is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, management and rehabilitation of injuries within the University's comprehensive sports medicine program.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training from an accredited institution.
- Athletic Training Certification.
- Licensed by the NCBATE, or be positioned to obtain it within 2-4 months if not a NC resident.
- One or more years related work experience.
- Familiarity with NCAA governing rules.
- Certified Trainer
Master's degree in Sports Medicine/Athletic Training
- Provide Athletic Training support.
- Provide counseling and education to student athletes.
- Assist with coordination and scheduling of medical coverage for home and away competitions.
- Recordkeeping and documentation.
- Work with doctors and other allied health professional to deliver care to student athletes.
- Maintenance of training room equipment and facilities.
- Submit and reconcile requisitions.
- Comply with NCAA, CIAA, NCBATE and University compliance, rules and regulations.
- Assist in program development and recommendations to the Director of Sports Medicine/Athletic Director
- Attend staff meetings.
- Any other duties assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or Director of Sports Medicine.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.