|Minimum Education Required||Bachelor's Degree|
|Location||South University - Austin Austin, TX 78728, US|
|Travel Required||0 - 20%|
Responsible for the academic quality, operational effectiveness, staff development, and growth of the campus. Accountable for quality professional education for student and graduate success by leading the overall administrative and educational functions of the campus.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
1. Participates in the development of and execution on the vision and strategic direction for the institution in concert with the Board of Trustees at South University required to ensure academic excellence.
2. Manages/achieves the key metrics of the institution. Key metrics include new student enrollment, persistence (retention), average quarterly starting student body, approved budgets, new programs, program rollout, graduate employment rate, graduate starting salaries, and student, graduate and employer satisfaction.
3. Provides leadership for the development and implementation of new academic programs and delivery models as well as continued improvement of current offerings. Assures compliance with federal, state and accrediting body standards and regulations, as well as adhering to all policies and procedures.
4. Ensures strong human resources management through hiring, developing, leading and evaluating an effective management team, staff, and faculty. Manages campus succession plan and professional development program. Responsible for overall staff and faculty satisfaction.
5. Maintains a desirable, attractive and safe campus environment. Ensures facilities are well maintained. Assesses campus resources needs and ensures that the resources are planned for, acquired and properly implemented; provides input on utilization of resources.
6. Develops and maintains effective internal and external relationships and alliances, including positive relationships with students, alumni, faculty, staff, the educational community, the local community of the campus, and business leaders.
Campus centric responsibilities and duties:
1. Plays a major role in preparing the campus for self-studies, focus visits, and comprehensive visits. Leads the campus in developing and nurturing relationships with regard to programmatic accreditation.
2. Leads institutional planning and research and outcomes assessment activities for the campus. Ensures discussion of research and outcomes at the campus, culminating in appropriate plans and action. Takes an active leadership role in all departmental reviews conducted at the campus.
Reports to: Vice Chancellor of South Campuses, South University
Supervises: Campus Executive Committee, others as appropriate
Experience Minimum of five years of highly successful experience as a Campus President or relevant general management experience
Education Minimum earned bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required. Master's Degree prefered
Computer Skills Experience with computerized administrative systems. Proficient with the use of standard office applications on personal computers.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accreditation criteria, state agency regulations, academic journals, business reports, and legal documents. Ability to resolve inquiries and complaints from employees, customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to faculty, academic and campus leaders, corporate leaders, public groups, and boards of directors or trustees as applicable. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Ability to Travel
The individual must be able to travel out of the local area to the corporate office and to participate in a variety of conferences and meetings
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.