Job Seekers, Sign In
Faculty Position in Translation « Position Deleted on 9/01/2013 »
|Institution:||Prince Sultan University|
|Location:||Riyadh, Saudi Arabia|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPrince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia, which emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Math, Computer and PE skills to the standards required for study in English-medium undergraduate courses in Computer and Information System; Finance, Marketing & Accounting; Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, & Translation; & Law. PSU is also now offering Engineering Programs. The Engineering Programs are: Engineering Management, Telecommunication & Communication Engineering (Men College) and Architecture and Interior Design Engineering (Women College). PSU also offers graduate programs leading to a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) and Master in Software Engineering.
- Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Applicants should possess a PhD in Arabic/English Translation and/or Interpretation or Translation studies. A background in Linguistics and Translation from a recognized university is preferable. Furthermore, the successful candidates should demonstrate a high-level of proficiency in Arabic and English. The soft skills required include cross-cultural and social competence, flexibility and open-mindedness.
In addition, they should have two years' minimum overseas teaching experience in translation or interpreting. Previous experience teaching at the university-level as well as experience in human communications, public speaking and academic writing would be an added advantage. In return, PSU offers an opportunity to work in a multicultural environment to well-qualified, committed and experienced teachers.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
1. one-year renewable contracts with a competitive salary package based on academic qualifications and teaching/research experience
2. medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (wife & children below 18 years of age), subject to the provisions of the University's healthcare policy 3. transport allowance
4. air tickets for up to four persons to Riyadh (on appointment & upon final departure from KSA to country of origin)
5. round trip tickets for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months plus 2 local paid holidays of about 12 days each;
6. tuition fees for school-age dependent children (2) residing within the Kingdom: maximum amount SR 30,000
7. end-of-service gratuity
8. Free, furnished accommodation including essential utilities and maintenance
9. Alternatively, successful applicants may choose to avail themselves of a housing allowance based on basic salary. The PSU furnished apartments are located within the Riyadh area, a twenty-minute drive from the University, with easy access to sports facilities & commercial malls.
Please visit our website: www.psu.edu.sa if you wish to learn more about PSU.
Apply with a cover letter to
Prince Sultan University, PO Box No. 66833, Riyadh-11586
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Fax # +966-1-494-8010
More Information on Prince Sultan University
Prince Sultan University Website
Prince Sultan University - College for Women
PSU Application Form
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.