Job Seekers, Sign In
Online Medical Assisting Instructor - Full-Time « Position Deleted on 3/10/2013 »
|Institution:||Pinnacle Career Institute|
|Location:||Kansas City, MO|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPOSITION SUMMARY
This position is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
Under the coordination of the Program Coordinator, the online instructor is responsible for the academic success, management, and retention of students taking online courses under their supervision, as well as providing instructional support and guidance necessary for students to achieve academic success. The online instructor must be highly knowledgeable and appropriately credentialed in the subject matter for the specific program that they are assigned to teach, as well as maintain expertise in the subject area.
1. Support student success by all means that are necessary, appropriate, and available.
2. Teach a minimum of three courses per mod using approved curriculum in accordance with assigned course schedule.
3. Oversee and facilitate all aspects of the Medical Assistant Clinical on a monthly basis including, but not limited to: instruction; curriculum; materials; etc.
4. Interact and provide instructional assistance to new students.
5. Provide support to academically deficient students.
6. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students and internal PCI staff.
7. Maintain online asynchronous communication with students (synchronous if appropriate) in efforts to help them assist completion of learning outcomes.
8. Provide regular, accurate, and timely student-specific assistance, feedback and support to students relative to performance.
9. Maintain a professional virtual presence.
10. Adhere to Specific Instruction Expectations outlined in the Faculty Handbook.
11. Monitor and provide assistance to flex classes and instructor as needed.
12. Contribute to the assessment and review of program curriculum.
13. Adhere, address, advise and communicate Pinnacle Career Institute policies and procedures with students and ensure compliance.
14. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and student graduation, when applicable and possible.
15. Document student issues using CampusVue and Learning Management System.
16. Support and assist with student retention efforts directed by Program Coordinator. This includes following up with potential fails and student on academic and attendance warnings.
17. Perform other duties as assigned by the designated Program Coordinator or Director of Education.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF THIS POSITION
1. Instructor must have the ability to work full-time from home when required.
2. Instructor must provide their own hardware, software, and internet service. It must be sufficient to perform required job description duties. PCI is not responsible for the purchase, upgrade, or maintenance of online instructor's telephone, computer and Internet service.
3. Instructor must have fixed office hours and be present via phone, instant messenger, or video/web-based chat.
4. Set up regular voice or video chat check-ins with the Program Coordinator.
5. Instructor will be required to work on campus extended hours one week each month for the PCI MA Boot Camp.
6. Instructor will be required to attend training and/or meeting up to two times per year at PCI's online location.
1. Previous or current online teaching experience
2. Certification for MA, LPN or RN or the ability to obtain within 6 weeks of employment.
3. Must have BLS - Basic Life Support Certification.
4. Subject matter competency as required by accreditation body.
5. Excellent written and communication skills
6. Ability to perform technological functions. Proficient in email, IM, web-based conferencing, etc.
7. At least 3 years experience in the field is necessary.
8. Minimum of bachelor's degree, masters preferred.
9. Candidates must have thorough knowledge and expertise within the designated industry.
10. Prior teaching experience helpful but not required
11. Must possess excellent computer, presentation, and written/verbal communications skills.
12. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act effectively as a member of a team.
13. Must be a self starter, creative, goal-oriented and organized
This position is set in an academic environment which demands professionalism.
Employee is expected to produce, on a periodic basis as requested, various reports, documents and analysis to aid institutional leaders to evaluate Pinnacle Career Institute performance of its objectives.
Pinnacle Career Institute retains the right to change or modify job duties at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Needs and requirements may change according to business necessity.
Please be advised that any materials, programs, or procedures you develop while employed by Pinnacle Career Institute become the sole property of Pinnacle Career Institute.
Pinnacle Career Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
PCI has other full time openings for Director of Education, Admissions Coordinator, Business Office Coordinator, Electronics Instructor, Program Coordinator Dental Assisting for Online Education, Business Office Coordinator for Online Campus and Financial Aid Coordinator for Online Campus
To view other open positions at Pinnacle Career Institute or to appyly, please visit www.pcijobs.info.
Pinnacle Career Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering multicultural diversity in its faculty, staff and students. To learn more about our institution, visit us at www.pcitraining.edu.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.