Job Seekers, Sign In
Enterprise Data and Reporting (EDR) Manager « Position Deleted on 3/10/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Oregon|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsEnterprise Data & Reporting (EDR) Manager
Closes: Open Until Filled
Appointment Type: Officer of Administration, 12-Month Renewable Contract
Annual FTE: 1.0 FTE
Closing Date: Application Review begins February 4, 2013; open until filled
Information Services, the central Information Technology (IT) organization for the university, consists of four operational units: Enterprise Administrative Applications (EAA), Network and Telecommunications Services, Systems and Operations, and Academic Services. The division also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center and works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Working under the direction of the Director for Enterprise Administrative Applications, the EDR Manager is a "hands on" technical manager who provides direction and supervision of the Enterprise Data and Reporting team, which includes business analyst(s) and ETL developer(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
Support and administration of the SunGard Operational Data Store (ODS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and the IBM Cognos products. Initially this will be defined as working closely with EAA technical staff as the products are installed and deployed in development and test environments, and participating in the testing of the products. Then working with users as the products deployed to the enterprise. Also:
a) Working closely with database administrators, middleware and Identity Management staff, developers and systems staff in the daily and on-going support of the applications, including the coordination of patches, upgrades and integration; proper access procedures and security are set up, deployed and document and that everything is working as designed
b) Working closely with end users once the products are deployed
c) Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the integrated data and reporting (IDR) solution, including ODS, EDW and Cognos technical skills
d) Working closely with the Banner ERP module leaders to understand Banner data and processes
e) Staying current with ODS, EDW and Cognos, including subscribing to users lists and monitoring vendor sites
Providing oversight, leadership and supervision of the EDR team, especially project management
a) Provide for the definition, development, and documentation of an application's business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
b) Participate in defining application development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
c) Oversee development of central reporting
d) Perform ad hoc queries using SQL needed to support unique inquiries, debug, and audit
e) Learn and interact with new analytical tools
f) Present and communicate complex data and system information to various groups and individuals in writing and verbally
g) Provide oversight for the development and currency of user manuals and guidelines. Create and maintain current technical documentation regarding data warehouse and associated interfaces as required.
h) Work directly with the internal and external staff in a collaborative, cooperative, and customer-centric environment
i) Work independently and as a member of various teams of technology members and end user.
Communication and project coordination, including:
a) Providing effective, timely and accurate communication to internal and external staff
b) Participating in project planning and prioritization
c) Working with management either directly or as part of a management team in the development of policy and procedures in support of existing services and development of new services for the entire enterprise
d) Research new technologies in the provision of solutions
Other duties as assigned
The following are minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree is required, a degree in the field of Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or Software Engineering is preferred
- Minimum three years' project management experience in an information technology environment
- Minimum three years' business analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience with SQL and a report writing tool (Cognos, Crystal, Business Objects, etc.)
- Proven understanding of Business Intelligence concepts and technologies
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to instruct others, both individually and in a group setting
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with customers and vendors to understand and resolve functional or technical issues or concerns
- Excellent oral, listening and written communication skills in technical and non-technical settings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify user needs and provide technical solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on concurrent, multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to coordinate, organize and track tasks effectively and meet project deadlines
- U.S. citizenship (or eligibility for employment under prevailing U.S. immigration laws)
- Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired
- Experience with Cognos
- Experience with Ellucian Higher Education Banner, specifically ODS and or EDW
- Experience analyzing Financial, Human Resources or Higher Education data
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
In addition to the above mentioned salary, this position has an excellent benefits package including health, dental, insurance, retirement plan, employee tuition rates (transferable to immediate family members under specific circumstances) and excellent vacation and sick leave provisions.
This position is open until filled. To ensure full consideration, all materials should arrive by February 4, 2013.
Complete applications must include the following:
A letter of application, addressing your interest in the position and detailing how you meet the listed minimum and preferred requirements
A current résumé
The names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three current references who can comment on your qualifications for this position. References will be kept confidential, and candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The application materials should be packaged as a single PDF file, using the applicant's last name as the document name, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference Position #12488 and the applicant's last name in the subject of the email.
Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.