Job Seekers, Sign In
Enterprise Web Infrastructure Engineer « Position Deleted on 3/10/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Oregon|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$60,000 to $70,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsEnterprise Web Infrastructure Engineer
Closes: Open Until Filled
Revised: Application Review Date
Appointment Type: Officer of Administration, 12-Month Renewable Contract
Annual FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary Range: $60,000-70,000(commensurate with experience)
Closing Date: Application Review begins January 28, 2013; open until filled
Information Services, the central Information Technology (IT) organization for the university, consists of four operational units: Enterprise Administrative Applications (EAA), Network and Telecommunications Services, Systems and Operations, and Academic Services. The division also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center and works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Working under the direction of the Associate Director for Enterprise Administrative Applications, the Enterprise Web Infrastructure Engineer participates in the design, development, maintenance, and support of web-based enterprise services including the UO Identity and Access Management system and other enterprise administrative applications. This includes architecting and configuring web based application environments, designing and developing processes to provide data and event integration among multiple systems, and maintaining and supporting web-based application infrastructure. The Enterprise Web Infrastructure Engineer also coordinates system configuration and maintenance tasks, working closely with systems administration, database administration, programming and support staff.
The position has no supervisory responsibilities or budgetary authority. This position makes decisions related to the design and development of applications and processes as outlined in the description of duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the system architecture design, implementation, maintenance, and support of the enterprise information technology infrastructure for web based services. Install, configure, test, and troubleshoot web based application environments.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and support of web based services including the UO Identity and Access Management system, designing and developing enterprise-level database driven web applications, working with end users and other technical staff to define system requirements, and designing and developing processes to provide data and event integration among multiple systems.
- Work with other developers, database administrators, and systems administrators to implement and support web-based services including the coordination of patches and upgrades.
- Consult with other Information Services and campus IT staff to provide web based software integration services.
- Provide on-call support after hours and weekends (on a rotation basis with other staff).
The following are minimum requirements for this position:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or an appropriate combination of training, work experience, and skills.
- Minimum of two years working in a production environment administering, developing, and supporting web based services.
- Application development experience using Java/JSP or similar development tools and familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and other web technologies.
- Experience with SQL and relational database technologies such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, or MySQL.
- Experience with web application infrastructures such as Apache and Tomcat.
- Experience troubleshooting web application problems and monitoring web application performance.
- An understanding of Java Virtual Machine (JVM) memory allocation and management.
- Experience installing and managing web applications running on Linux/Unix and/or Microsoft Windows Server and configuring integration with databases and authentication services.
- Excellent writing, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities.
- An understanding of the security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding institutional data.
- Demonstrated ability to think objectively and creatively, focusing not only on details, but accurately comprehending the larger issues and interrelationships.
- A high level of internal motivation and an ability to work patiently with clients and co-workers under stressful circumstances.
- U.S. citizenship (or eligibility for employment under prevailing U.S. immigration laws).
- Experience monitoring, tuning, and scaling JVM environments.
- Experience implementing and supporting high availability enterprise services.
- Candidates with experience serving the needs of a diverse population are strongly desired.
Starting annual salary for this position will be between $60,000-70,000.
In addition to the above mentioned salary, this position has an excellent benefits package including health, dental, insurance, retirement plan, employee tuition rates (transferable to immediate family members under specific circumstances) and excellent vacation and sick leave provisions.
This position is open until filled. To ensure consideration, all materials should arrive by January 28, 2013.
Complete applications must include the following:
A letter of application demonstrating how you meet the qualifications and addressing your interest in the position.
A current résumé
Answers to the following supplemental questions:
1. Describe your experience with Java frameworks and technologies, including your experience supporting the underlying web application infrastructure.
2. Provide an example of an enterprise level technology project that you were involved in implementing. Include information on the technology used and your role in the project.
The names, phone numbers and email addresses of three current references who can comment on your qualifications for this position. References will be kept confidential, and candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The application materials should be packaged as a single PDF file, using the applicant's last name as the document name, and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference Position #12367 and the applicant's last name in the subject of the email.
Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.