Job Seekers, Sign In
Enterprise Data Asset Manager (DBA) « Position Deleted on 3/10/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Oregon|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$55,000 to $70,000 USD Per Year|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsEnterprise Data Asset Manager
Closes: Open Until Filled
Revised: Application Review Date
Appointment Type: Officer of Administration, 12-Month Renewable Contract
Annual FTE: 1.0 FTE
Salary Range $55,000-$70,000 (commensurate with experience)
Closing Date: Application Review begins January 28, 2013; open until filled
Information Services, the central Information Technology (IT) organization for the University of Oregon, consists of four operational units: Enterprise Administrative Applications (EAA), Network and Telecommunications Services, Systems and Operations, and Academic Services. The division also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center and works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Information Services is responsible for the support of enterprise-level information technology and services for the University of Oregon Eugene campus and the needs for UO data by the Oregon University System (OUS) in Corvallis.
This position is part of a team that provides administration and technical support for relational database management systems (RDBMS) and related applications software on the University's central systems. This includes researching new technology and assisting in the definition, configuration and implementation of enterprise-class applications. This position works closely with other members of the DBA, Middleware, Programming and Systems staff at Information Services.
Reporting to the Senior Enterprise Data Asset Manager, this position has no supervisory responsibilities or budgetary authority, but will have independent influence on security and other enterprise-level technical policy decisions. This position also actively participates in short and long-term technical planning for the continued efficiency of enterprise-wide administrative systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day support and maintenance for databases underlying the University's enterprise applications. This includes ERP, data warehousing, business intelligence, courseware, document imaging, point of sale and other applications that are production-critical to University business
- Plan and perform database upgrades and apply security patches to centrally-hosted enterprise databases [10%]
- Monitor and proactively address potential problems to promote stability, security and optimal performance of enterprise databases
- Plan, perform and/or assist with installation, patching, upgrades, modification, and trouble-shooting of production-critical enterprise applications
- Provide limited quality assurance: review developers' code before applying it to the enterprise production environment to ensure changes are adequately tested and implemented according to established practices
- Work with security officers internal and external to Information Services to ensure sensitive enterprise data is appropriately protected and secured. Configure and document database security regimen for the Banner ERP
- Confirm successful regular backups of enterprise databases and subsequent off-site storage of removable media. Periodically test backups and review disaster recovery strategies
- Configure data loads, data freezes and other data warehousing related processes
- Document significant changes made to enterprise database installations
- Participate in both short-term and long-range planning for enterprise-wide administrative systems
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures as related to enterprise-wide administrative systems
- Maintain a high degree of professional computing competence, as evidenced by continuing professional education, participation in professional meetings, and interactions with peers and users
- Coordinate system configuration and maintenance tasks of enterprise databases and applications with other DBA(s), developers, systems administrations and middleware staff
- Provide on-call support after hours and on weekends (on a rotational basis with other staff) and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and work experience
- A minimum of two years documented relational database administration experience in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience creating, monitoring, upgrading, patching, backing up and securing complex production-critical databases
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices of database management
- Strong SQL scripting skills including stored packages and procedures
- Extensive experience with shell, Perl, and/or similar scripting languages
- Applications programming development experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills
- High level of internal motivation, and an ability to stay calm and exercise good judgment in a demanding, high-stress environment
- Demonstrated ability to think objectively and creatively, focusing not only on details, but accurately comprehending the larger issues and being able to accurately and clearly communicate the relation between both
- Demonstrated understanding of the importance of protecting sensitive data, and proficiency in using tools and techniques that accomplish that purpose
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- U.S. citizenship (or eligibility for employment under prevailing U.S. immigration laws).
- The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
Starting annual salary for this position will be between $55,000 and $70,000.
In addition to the above mentioned salary, this position has an excellent benefits package including health, dental, insurance, retirement plan, employee tuition rates (transferable to immediate family members under specific circumstances) and excellent vacation and sick leave provisions.
This position is open until filled. To ensure consideration, all materials should arrive by January 28, 2013.
Complete applications must include the following:
A letter of application demonstrating how you meet the qualifications and addressing your interest in the position.
A current résumé
The names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three current references who can comment on your qualifications for this position. References will be kept confidential, and candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The application materials should be packaged as a single PDF file, using the applicant's last name as the document name, and emailed to email@example.com.
Please reference Position #12374 and the applicant's last name in the subject of the email.
Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.