Adjunct Hospitality Information Systems Instructor- LCB Online (16107-139) « Position Deleted on 2/22/2013 »
The position of Online Adjunct Faculty provides and sustains a fully prepared current instruction that meets desired learning outcomes and proactively supports all facets of the online learning environment; actively engages in retention activities; encourages a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility, diversity, and ethics as well as personal and professional development; fair and holistic assessment of learning; clear documentation of student progress; and support of academic success of at-risk students in accordance with LCB program and institutional initiatives. Online Adjunct Faculty support LCB's philosophy of service to customer, both internally and externally, in a professional and timely manner that supports the achievement of the College's goals and objectives.
- Complete pre-session reviews of the classroom.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction through distance
- Effectively employ course facilities including live chat sessions, faculty office hours, and discussion board
- Provide accurate, authentic, and formative feedback for student submissions.
- Encourage student success and
actively engage in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration regarding attendance and
- Attend scheduled program meetings, in-service workshops and college wide faculty meetings.
- Adhere to and
publicly support Le Cordon Bleu policies and procedures, included but not limited to the faculty handbook, and catalog.
special projects as formally assigned by the Program Chair (including, but not limited to, assistance with orientation programs and open
houses; assistance with accreditation preparation.)
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and
weekends, to accommodate student and department needs. This may include working more than 40 hours per week.
- Grade student "test-out" examinations.
- Hospitality Information Systems. Applicant must have experience
with Microsoft Office, Point of Sale and some familiarity with Propery Management System.
- Documented expertise in academic subject
area as demonstrated by data sheet, diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/resumes, and in personal interview.
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, time management, oral and written communication skills.Demonstrated knowledge of online
delivery methods, principles, techniques, and methods of instruction, use of visual aids, learning processes, and curriculum development.
- Successful completion of the Online Faculty Training course. Willingness to work in an accelerated learning format and to work online with students five of seven days per online week. Access to computer, phone line and internet at home.
Minimum 5 years of work industry experience directly related to teaching discipline or program-related field; at least 3 years prior online teaching experience REQUIRED
CEC is committed to fostering a culture that is challenging, engaging, rich in benefits, and inclusively diverse. At CEC, we draw upon the strength of the diversity within our workforce, to meet and exceed the expectations of the diverse customers that we serve. Our company values and actively promotes diverse and inclusive participation by its leaders, members, and affiliates.