Financial Analyst « Position Deleted on 3/15/2013 »
|Posted:||02/01/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 10/16/2012)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
|Salary:||$37,618 to $40,000 USD Per Year|
Position is full-time in the Business Affairs Office. This is a calendar year (12-month), exempt professional appointment designated Management/Confidential (non-union). Budget title for this position is Assistant to the Director. This position will oversee accounting and reporting for the SUNY Cobleskill: Foundation, Alumni Association, and Booster Club. All three organizations are exempt from income taxes under Section 501(C)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and while they are publicly supported, they are not considered private foundations.
- Maintain general ledger account
- Process operating transactions: cash receipts; cash disbursements; accounts payable; accounts/pledges receivable; journal entries
- Calculate and record investment earnings and associated fees to individual accounts
- Reconcile bank, credit card and investment accounts
- Assist with monthly gift reporting reconciliations to ensure accuracy and compliance with required policies
- Act as liaison to investment managers; ensure compliance with investment policies
- Provide significant leadership role as a permanent non-voting member of the scholarship committee, including:
**Maintain database for returning student scholarship application information. Database is used to identify and manage eligible student applicants.
**Verify student application information and identify scholarship candidates according to specific scholarship criteria to facilitate and streamline awarding process for committee.
**Work closely with Financial Aid Office to verify financial need.
**Ensure that non-returning student scholarships are re-awarded.
**Prepare scholarship documentation and billing.
- Oversee annual independent financial statement audits as well as communicate with auditors to ensure accounting practices comply with all State University of New York, state and federal rules and regulations
- Prepare monthly financial reports for all Boards of Directors
- Work with the Boards of Directors to modify or create reports as requested and assist with development of new policies as necessary
- Provide budget preparation assistance and budget monitoring
- Prepare annual 1099's and assist with preparation of annual 990 as well as other SUNY reporting requirements
- Assist with preparation of Voluntary Support of Education (VSE) survey
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related area; at least two years' experience, preferably with endowment funds in not-for-profit or foundation setting; working knowledge of AccuFund software and Access database software a plus.
Completed application consists of the following:
1. Letter of application addressing qualifications for this position
2. Current resume, with the names and addresses of at least three professional references
3. Official transcripts or copies thereof
4. SUNY Cobleskill application form