Job Seekers, Sign In
Residence Coordinator (2 positions) « Position Deleted on 3/25/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Residence Life
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
2. Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Residence Coordinators serve as ethical adult leaders, role models and mentors for students. The main functions of Residence Coordinators are to assist the student Resident Advisors in establishing a strong living and learning, multicultural community consistent with the mission of the institution. Residence Coordinators also serve as resources for students through informal mentoring, coordinating educational and social programming to enhance the students' residential experience, and they serve as the primary Residence Life on-call person for their assigned residence hall area(s).
- Three years related work experience as a mentor, working with young adults.
college OR an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Provides informal individual and group guidance counseling relative to problems of scholastic, educational, and personal-social nature to dormitory students (weighted performance rating 20%)
- Effectively coordinates the resident hall environment in the assigned area(s):
- Ensures departmental and institutional policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to
- Creates, maintains and ensures the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of historical forms, records and files, including all dormitory-related files, checklists and systems data integrity, as assigned or applicable. Ensures security of all confidential data and information:
- Provides effective upward communication and support; keeps immediate manager informed on all job-related issues:
- Effectively interacts and collaborates with department team members, other University personnel and external contacts to maintain effective relations and provide professional customer service:
- Effectively performs assigned projects to meet desired objectives deadlines.
- Identifies needed areas of self-improvement and actively pursues appropriate means and methods to increase effectiveness in those areas:
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.