Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff-Security Officer (PR020413SS) « Position Deleted on 7/01/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Campus Police and Security
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed or fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume.
- A job posting qualification requiring a Ph.D. requires an official transcript from the institution awarding
the Ph.D. degree, and the transcript must be mailed from the awarding institution directly to the Shaw University Human Department.
- A job posting qualification requiring a high school diploma requires a high school transcript or G.E.D. from the issuing institution.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of both (1) a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening AND (2) mailed receipt of a candidate's official transcript(s) directly from the awarding institution, then a candidate can be considered for employment and their application and transcript information shall be submitted to the recruiting manager and/or selection committee for review.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Under the direction of the assigned Platoon Leader, Security Officers maintain security and safety of people and property in assigned area on the University's campus by patrolling areas on foot, providing campus escorts and emergency transportation, directing traffic, securing buildings and gates, enforcing university rules and regulations. Security Officers may be required to resolve minor conflicts and prevent crimes, prepare reports, and serve as effective professional role models to the University's students.
Security Officers are distinguished from campus Police Officers in that incumbents do not carry firearms, write citations or arrest violators, and N.C. law enforcement certification is not required. Security Officers are expected to report highly unusual or suspicious criminal activity to sworn police officers for follow-up.
- A high school diploma
- Prior work experience involving customer service with the general public.
- Prior work experience as a security officer on a college campus.
- Effectively maintains order and provides protection for persons and property on campus, following established
- Effectively resolves minor conflicts.
- Effectively composes comprehensive written records of
incidents/complaints describing detailed information and action taken.
- Maintains a high-level "fitness for duty," including physical
fitness, maintenance of issued equipment and uniforms, and proficiency in the use of specialized police equipment.
- Ensures supervisor
is kept-up-to-date on all work-related issues, problems and/or needs of the platoon/department on a timely basis. Promptly advises of any
unusual situations or work-related irregularities.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to personnel, student
privacy, and operational management matters, on a job related need-to-know basis.
- Effectively patrol campus premises on foot ensuring
security and safety of people and property.
- Work effectively with a diverse population and in the proactive identification of
problems and the development and implementation of appropriate solutions.
- Quickly and calmly analyze emergency situations and
objectively determine the proper course of action.
- Cope with situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and with respect for the
rights of others.
- Willingness and flexibility to work 12-hour work shifts and other off-schedule special events.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United
- Subject to a background check and drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.