Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff - Telecommunications Officer (PR03282013JO) « Position Deleted on 4/04/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Campus Police and Security
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for Application).
- A current resume.
Finalist candidates shall be requested to order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Telecommunications Officer (TCO), provides departmental telecommunications functions within the Campus Police and Security Department. The position is accountable for ensuring the efficient receipt and transmission, and coordination of on-campus emergency and non-emergency requests for information, security and law enforcement assistance. The Telecommunications Officer collects pertinent information, determines and contacts appropriate responding units, maintains calls in the database utilizing real time entry, and provides responding officers with all necessary information. The TCO must consistently exercise sound judgment within procedural boundaries in responding to a variety of situations.
- Prior customer service related work experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated personal history of exercising sound judgment, appropriate initiative and strict confidentiality of workplace situations and events.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally with students, university employees and the general public, including from varied cultural backgrounds and with disabilities. This includes receiving and accurately relaying information, as appropriate, and maintaining a calm demeanor during stressful conditions or with emotional individuals.
- Effectively handle multiple simultaneous duties, including phone calls, the monitoring and operation of two-way radios and video cameras, reading maps and providing concise directions.
- Accurately perform data entry.
- Flexibility and willingness to work 12-hour shifts with a rotating weekend schedule, periodically filling in and working extended shifts.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate files and records in hard copy and data methods
- Current certification in NCIC/DCI in Module 1, 2 and 3.
- Prior work experience as a telecommunications officer.
- Prior work experience on a college campus.
- Associates degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Telephone customer service training and experience.
- Professionally responds to and dispatches calls for service for the Campus Police and Security Department.
- Quickly and calmly analyzes emergency and non-emergency situations and initiates an appropriate course of action action toward resolution.
- Provides professional and effective customer service; copes with situations in a manner that is tactful, courteously firm, and demonstrates respect for the rights of others.
- Creates and accurately maintains the department's computerized service call log records.
- Consistently conducts self in a manner that emits professional representation of the University, and an image of departmental unity, collaboration and teamwork.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to personnel, student privacy, and operational management matters, on a job related need-to-know basis.
- Provides effective upward communication; ensures supervisor is kept-up-to-date on all work-related issues, problems and/or needs of the platoon/department on a timely basis; and promptly advises of any unusual situations or work-related irregularities.
- Works a 12-hour day or night shift, and other off-schedule shifts for special events or departmental coverage.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, and drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.