Job Seekers, Sign In
Tenure-Track Assistant Professor, Middle Eastern and/or North African History « Position Deleted on 6/16/2013 »
|Institution:||Clayton State University|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsTHE DEPARTMENT OF HUMANITIES IN THE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES at Clayton State University seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Middle Eastern and/or North African History, starting Fall 2013.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
- PhD in History (ABDs nearing degree completion will be considered)
- Successful college teaching experience
- Ability to teach the history of a second non-Western geographical area and/or World Historical Geography
- Interests in Women's History or Film History or Digital Humanities
- Evidence of scholarly performance, including publications
- Experience in using technology in engaging students, including distance-learning courses
- Teach surveys in pre-modern, modern, and contemporary world history
- Offer undergraduate and/or graduate courses according to specialty
- Serve as an advisor for history, teacher education, and liberal arts students
- Support middle grades and secondary teacher education programs
- Engage in scholarly activity leading to presentation or publication
- Participate in service to the Department, College, University, and Community
CSU is nationally recognized as a leader in the use of information technology to transform teaching, learning, and other aspects of the collegiate experience. Clayton State University is a Senior Unit of the University of System of Georgia and is fully accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). For additional information about the History Program, within the Department of Humanities, visit http://www.clayton.edu/humanities/history.
Review of applications will begin on May 20, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, and the contact information for three current references.
To apply, go to https://adminsystems2.clayton.edu/faculty_jobs/ and apply for job # 20208.
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.
No Agency Calls Please.
No Agency Calls Please.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.