Job Seekers, Sign In
Chaplain « Position Deleted on 7/08/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Chaplain
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
1. Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- VARIABLE FOR EXEMPT POSITIONS Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
2. FINALIST CANDIDATES: Order "Official" transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered official.
If viewing a job posting on the HigherEdJobs.com website (or other employment ad websites), do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to attempt to apply.
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
This position is accountable for the spiritual development of the campus community through worship, pastoral care, and various spiritual life programs. The Chaplain will provide leadership and direction in fostering the moral and spiritual well-being of the university community in the accomplishment of its educational mission. As a pastoral presence in an on-campus residential community, this role can be thought of as a "pastor-in-residence.
- Master's degree in Pastoral Ministry, Counseling, or Divinity from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of young adults' faith development and pastoral care.
- Knowledge of campus religious life and chaplaincy practices, issues and concerns.
- Provide leadership and direction in fostering the moral and spiritual well-being of the University community in the accomplishment of its educational mission.
- Perform University worship activities.
- Oversee the Convocation and Student-led Ministries programs.
- Provide pastoral counseling and spiritual direction for students and staff.
- Engage students and staff in ongoing faith formation; promote and enhance vocation perspective on campus.
- Generate and promote participation in ministry programs within the University community that support hospitability, service and spiritual development.
- Represent the university community at wakes, funerals and other religious functions.
- Coordinate the community's prayer in response to significant events of the University.
- Coordinate memorial notifications for University students, staff and alumni.
- Hold office hours and be available as needed for crisis intervention.
- Effectively interacts and collaborates with team members in Student Affairs, Academic Affairs and with other University faculty and staff personnel, and with external contacts, to provide professional customer service and to maintain productive and harmonious business relationships.
- Identifies needed areas of self-improvement and actively pursues appropriate means and methods to increase effectiveness in those areas.
- Ensures financial, departmental and institutional policies, procedures, guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
- Provides effective upward communication and support; keeps immediate manager informed on all job-related issues.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.