Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Faculty: Director - Educational Technology (PR061913TM) « Position Deleted on 8/12/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Academic Affairs
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for faculty employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
SUBMIT ALL the following documents IN ONE PACKAGE directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), email to email@example.com , or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see web link below)
- A current resume or curriculum vitae
- An unofficial transcript
- An application cover letter with statements of teaching philosophy and research interests
- Three current letters of reference.
- Any additional documents required by a specific job posting.
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form cannot be accepted.
Following the Human Resources office's receipt of a candidate's fully completed application package for a current job opening, then an applicant can be considered for employment, with their application information submitted to the recruiting manager/selection committee for review.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcripts of the HIGHEST GRADUATE-LEVEL DEGREE(S) awarded to be sent DIRECTLY FROM the awarding institution(s) DIRECTLY TO the Shaw University Human Resources Department at 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Position will focus on development and delivery of educational technology services to faculty and students ; work closely with faculty to identify and implement technologies appropriate to the College's teaching mission and values; teaching and learning; blended and online programs, classes, and services; quality standards and practices in eLearning; train faculty and conduct workshops in using academic technology; the Education Technology Director participates in all aspects of University IT planning; reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Ph.D. degree
- Experience teaching in higher education and using technology in the college classroom.
- Highly proficient computer skills utilizing MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Experience teaching in a blended or online format, familiarity, experience using Web.20 tools, and comfort with both Windows and Macintosh platforms is expected.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through the development and composition of complex analysis reports and professional correspondence and formal presentations.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate professional work products under demanding timelines.
- Flexibility and willingness to periodically travel independently and work extended workdays and occasional weekends as needed to meet desired objectives.
- Chairs the Instructional Technology Committee.
- Coordinates with all academic departments technology needs.
- Provides long-range planning for the Institution's academic information technology and eLearning needs.
- Implements short-term plans to provide immediate needs consistent with its long-term goals.
- Prepares an annual budget request for the following academy year to provide for new hardware and software for hardware and software upgrades, mobile devices, faculty development, administrative costs and additional programs.
- Develops and reviews policies for the use of information technology and eLearning at the institution.
- Encourages, stimulates, and cultivates the use of technology as teaching and learning tools.
- Provides training and development for the faculty, in order to increase the faculty's awareness and capabilities in the use of technology in the teaching and learning process.
- Establish quality standards and manages the certification and approval for online and hybrid courses.
- Coordinates technology needs with the Information Services, Administrative Computing, and Web Services departments where needs overlap.
- Consults with the Vice President for Academic Affairs on capital budget requests involving technology, quality standards for eLearning, distance education accreditation standards.
- Designs methods of sharing information technology resources among various users as part of overall integrated systems.
- Develops grant proposals.
- Oversees the academic coordination of CMS (course management system)
- Coordinates and manages online student services (virtual library, online advising, support services, bookstore, etc.)
- Serves as liaison with Library Services and Student Services
- Serves as liaison with Information Technology.
- Engages in professional development activities to support academic technology responsibilities.
- Teaches or team-teaches at least one course each semester for a regular academic department.
- Ensures accountability per the Academic Affairs Office and Title III Title III Activity Director re: purchases, ensuring proper compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; contingent upon grant funding
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.