Student Records and Retention Specialist - College of ACES (A1300297) « Position Deleted on 7/18/2013 »
|Institution:||University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
College of Agricultural, Consumer, and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
STUDENT RECORDS AND RETENTION SPECIALIST
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Academic Programs-Admissions, Advising, and Records, the position's primary responsibility is comprehensive data analysis, management, and reporting that supports the organizational structure for the College's student enrollment. Additionally, the Student Records and Retention Specialist is also responsible for academic programming and advising to support the College's student retention and graduation goals and initiatives. The College of ACES enrolls approximately 2,600 undergraduate students in majors related to the food, fiber, and human sciences.
Specific duties include:
- Conduct data and record management, analysis, and reporting for the College of ACES students through BANNER, Eddie, and Business Objects and other Decision Support Systems. Develop appropriate and effective distribution system of reports to Academic Programs and departments.
- Gather, analyze, and interpret data to make recommendations for the College's strategic planning process.
- Maintain, process and evaluate Banner student data.
- Serve as one of the College of ACES' COAR users.
- Collaborate with the Admissions and Records Supervisor and the Assistant Dean for Admissions, Advising, and Records, to develop a systematic approach and maintain efficient and effective daily workflow in record updating and data management.
- Coordinates correspondence between the Office of Academic Programs and undergraduate students regarding updates to the students' academic records.
- Advise students to facilitate optimal achievement of academic and career goals.
- Direct students with navigation of college and campus resources, including referrals to appropriate resources.
- Serves as a resource and referral agent for departmental academic advisors, faculty, and administrators for both student data and academic advising issues.
- Work with the Admissions, Advising, and Records staff in planning and administering all new student registration programming and related college-level advising initiatives.
- In concert with Assistant and Associate Deans, ensure ongoing compliance with all academic policies.
- Bachelor's degree in higher education, counseling, or a field commonly associated with agricultural, consumer, and environmental sciences
- Minimum of two years professional experience in college academic and/or student affairs
- Mastery of Windows-based applications, particularly database application (e.g., Microsoft Access) and spreadsheet applications (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated capabilities in working with sensitive data and confidential student issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with students and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop required skills and knowledge
- Master's degree in higher education, counseling, or a field commonly associated with agricultural, consumer, and environmental sciences
- Working knowledge of admissions, student registration, student records, census, and catalog schedule data in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), U of I Box, and of querying data in the EDW to create reports
- Two or more years of experience specifically with academic advising and/or admissions counseling at a four-year higher education institution
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience using Business Objects, Microsoft Excel, and Access
- Experience with program planning, administration, and evaluation
- Two or more years Banner experience
- Existing or prior experience as Banner COAR User
Commensurate with training and experience. This is a full-time, 100%, non-tenured academic professional position.
As soon as possible after closing date.
Submit a letter of interest, resume, and names and addresses of three references to Anne Stites, Academic Programs, 125 Mumford Hall, College of ACES, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1301 W. Gregory Dr., Urbana, IL 61801. Email: email@example.com. Phone (217) 333-3380. Fax (217) 333-3027. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by July 15, 2013.
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. ( www.inclusiveillinois.illinios.edu)