Job Seekers, Sign In
Assistant Director of External Relations « Position Deleted on 11/25/2013 »
|Institution:||University of California Los Angeles|
|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsUniversity of California Los Angeles
Assistant Director of External Relations
Under the broad general guidance of the Director of Public Interest Programs/Director of the David J. Epstein Program in Public Interest Law and Policy (The Office), the Assistant Director of External Relations manages the alumni and fundraising functions of the School of Law's Epstein Program and the School of Law's general Public Interest Programs for law students interested in public interest. Broad functions include: fundraising, counseling students, fostering alumni engagement, programming and managing alumni mentor programs. Candidate collaborates with peers in School of Law student administrative units including Admissions, Student Affairs, Outreach, Financial Aid, Placement and Alumni Relations. The Assistant Director functions as the lead in the department in the absence of the Director.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and demonstrated skill in working independently, prioritizing and organizing workflow, establishing productive work environment, and following through on assignments/tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in student services, including working with individual students, and student organizations in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience with event planning.
- Ability to attend early morning, evening or weekend events.
- Demonstrated ability to manage websites and databases and to use technology.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint in a Windows environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, using initiative to anticipate needs in areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, with ability to act diplomatically with students, faculty, staff, other campus departments, and external community organizations in a high pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use appropriate discretion when dealing with sensitive information and situations.
- Advanced skill in establishing priorities which accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities; ability to work with frequent interruption, distractions and changing priorities and deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of the operation of a career planning office required of an institution of higher education sufficient to accomplish the duties of the position.
- Advanced ability to develop, coordinate and implement events and programs (small and large).
- Excellent writing and analytical skills, including demonstrated ability to draft correspondence, memoranda and reports.
Between 7-10 years of previous work experience at an institution of higher education.
B.A. Degree required, J.D. degree strongly preferred.
Requisition Number: 19371
Salary: $4313 - $8510 monthly
Application Deadline: 11/24/2013
Continued employment contingent upon completion of satisfactory background investigation.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu and search for Requisition 19371.
Alternatively, you may click or copy/paste the following link into your browser's address bar: http://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=62411
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.