Ellucian Banner - Accounts Receivable Consultant
- Admin - Computing - Other
- Admin - Bursar and Student Accounts
Making a difference for over 17 million students at more than 2,400 institutions of higher education in over 40 countries is a big job.
At Ellucian, we provide education institutions with the innovative solutions they need to help people everywhere discover their futures
At Ellucian our values are CLEAR: Collaboration, Learning, Engagement, Accountability, and Resourcefulness. We truly are a global organization with offices in North America, Mexico, Dubai, India, Australia, the United Kingdom, France, and the Netherlands.
We seek people who are forward-looking, innovative, enthusiastic and ambitious, team players, and high performers. We want you to join us in the special and rewarding work we are so fortunate to be a part of every day - join Ellucian and be inspired!
The successful candidate will add value by:
This position is for a consultant with a solid background and work experience in higher education, with an emphasis on business office/student accounts (Accounts Receivable) using Banner Student by Ellucian.
The successful candidate is able to communicate effectively and credibly with technical as well as functional staff, and with those responsible for the execution of day-to-day operations as well as those at the managerial and executive level.
The successful candidate has an in-depth functional knowledge of student services offices and functions within colleges and universities. That experience must be complemented by demonstrated training and consulting skills. The candidate will provide on-site and remote consulting support to Ellucian's Banner Accounts Receivable module.
The successful candidate is expected to manage client expectations for their engagements as well as those related to the general implementation, ensure completion of engagements within an agreed-upon time-frame, resolve client issues relating to the implementation of Ellucian's solutions, ensure client implementation requirements are identified and defined, maintain a working knowledge of current releases (version changes and enhancements) of Ellucian's Banner Student System solutions, provide impact assessments of these solutions as well as upgrades and changes to clients' customized implementations, and maintain, as supported by corporate-sponsored training, a working knowledge of the current releases of third party reporting tools used as part of the delivered solutions.
Understands client needs, consistently meets expectations and responds promptly and professionally to client requests, seeking guidance as appropriate.
Leverages knowledge and prior experience to develop, present, and defend rational conclusions, recommendations and implementation strategies.
Demonstrates knowledge of complete student life-cycle in a recognized method, including linkages between tasks and work products.
Anticipates and resolves software problems and solves difficult challenges with only occasional need for assistance from others.
Tracks formal questions and answers regarding requirements, business process, and desired outcomes.
Responds promptly to questions and requests. Shares information freely and accurately when requested.
Communicates effectively internally through written reports, regular meetings and teleconferences, keeping management and coworkers apprised of software and customer issues that impact the successful and smooth deployment of Ellucian solutions.
Completes all work in a timely manner with attention to detail
Contributes to the review, writing, and updating of product documentation for accuracy and completeness.
Works closely with the Ellucian solution implementation project leader to meet implementation timetable, keeping projects on schedule and on budget.
Learns and utilizes company tools and software for tracking projects, recording time, and sharing information.
Travels routinely to customer sites to deliver services; travels periodically for internal training.
Works as a collaborative member of the Student Administrative Services and PowerCampus Consulting Center
Consciously contributes to the Mission and Goals of the Ellucian Professional Services Division: Delivering solutions to achieve desired customer outcomes - every time!
- Strengthen employee engagement
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Grow our business
- Drive delivery excellence
- This is a remote position.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor's degree required
- A minimum of three years of experience working in a higher ed environment
- Hands-on experience with Banner Student with an emphasis on the Banner Accounts Receivable module
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills and professional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Dedication to excellence in customer service
- Ability to perform effectively in a work environment that requires hard work, has periods of tight deadlines, and where change is embraced as a method of continuous improvement.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a corporate credit card and a driver's license.
- Experience working independently with little direction and still achieve goals as well as working remotely in a team environment via phone and other electronic communication tools
- Ability to keep up with releases as they become available and to be able to train others on new functionality as it becomes available
- Ability to lead when necessary and to step back when needed a be a member of the team
- Proven ability to plan and execute projects on time and within budget
- Previous experience with other Ellucian products is highly preferred
- Bilingual in French or Spanish is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in building relationships and influence across, above and below the organization to help achieve organizational goals
- Shows excellent judgment in determining priorities
- Brings an established, effective, method for tracking and completing tasks on time
- Prefers a collaborative work environment over working solo, with a bias towards sharing credit for achievement over individual recognition
- Creativity: has demonstrated creative solutions to problems and creativity in the interest of the customer's goals
- Exhibits a strong sense of ownership for individual work assignments, team goals, and organization initiatives