Job Seekers, Sign In
Budget/HR Manager for the WTC Health Program « Position Deleted on 11/09/2013 »
|Institution:||Stony Brook University|
|Location:||Stony Brook, NY|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsCampus Description: Stony Brook University has established itself as one of America's most dynamic public universities, a center of academic excellence and a leader in health education, patient care and research. Listed among the top 1 percent of all universities in the world by Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Stony Brook is home to more than 24,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students and more than 13,500 faculty and staff, including those employed at Stony Brook Medicine, Long Island's premier academic medical center and teaching hospital. With 603 beds, Stony Brook Hospital is the region's only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. The University is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities and co-manager of nearby Brookhaven National Laboratory.
Budget Title: Administrative Staff Associate
Reference Number: HS-R-8263-13-10-S
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Campus: Stony Brook West Campus/HSC*
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field. Five years of full-time management experience to include some work in an academic and/or research environment dealing with Human Resource and budgetary issues. Three years of supervisory experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master's Degree in Accounting or Business or related field. Additional three years experience in pre and/or post award programmatic and financial research experience in a public or private university or non-profit organization. Additional years of supervisory and HR experience. Knowledge of PIAI, Wolfmart and PeopleSoft. Familiarity with SUNYSB or Research Foundation for SUNY administrative environment. Experience with handling a multi-million dollar budget including "what if" models and projections. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel. Previous experience with accounting software. Negotiation and presentation experience. Skills in communicating budgetary aspects in technical and non-technical terms. Ability to work independently and in a team environment. Strong writing skills.
Brief Description of Duties: The Budget and Human Resource Manager for the World Trade Center Health Care Program manages all financial resources of the program. The incumbent will be advising the Director of Administration of the financial picture of the Program to ensure the most productive use of funds both in the present and the future, and providing timely and accurate budgetary information. The Budget/HR Manager oversees human resource functions at the program level. The selected candidate will:
- Supervise budget staff and appropriately assign roles and responsibilities to ensure optimal efficiency and accuracy of the budget area.
- Direct operating budget for program. Perform a leadership and proactive role in the financial administration of the program: Advise the Director of Administration of the budget implications of proposed internal changes and/or sponsor policies. Propose changes and solutions to improve business procedures, to streamline processes, and to resolve problems encountered by the program. Ensure program compliance with sponsor, State, Research Foundation, and Stony Brook Foundation regulations.
- Advise and assist other Program areas with the projection and management of their budgets.
- Manage funds available to support the day-to-day management of Program. Coordinate with the budget staff: Preparation of annual operating budgets, progress reports, monthly reports, re-budgets and renewal budgets for the sponsor. Periodically reconcile program budget records with SUNYSB/RF/SBF accounting data. Ensure timely and accurate payment of all accounts payables, to include vendors, employees, and reimbursements. Ensure timely submission of effort reports.
- Create and maintain a budget system to project funds and expenditures for a multi-year period based on historical expense data, planned new appointments and initiatives, and expected increases or decreases in the various sources of revenues.
- Work as liaison with CPMP, Department. of Medicine and the Research Foundation to maintain systems permitting income from fee for service activities to transfer to an account dedicated to the WTC Program Health Program and funds remain available for WTC Health Program needs. Oversee and coordinate fee for service budgetary development and reconciliation including working with Stony Brook, NIOSH, Health Smart and CSC as needed.
- Manage human resources at the program level. Work with WTC Health Program Management staff to ensure compliance with Human Resource requirements including appropriate documentation of disciplinary action, salary reviews, postings, and waivers. Work to create job descriptions and justifications as needed, ensure timely submission of time sheets, assignment paperwork for temps, maintain accurate and complete employee files. Coordinate and oversee the creation of written SOP’s for fiscal and human resources procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation.
Application Procedure: Those interested in this position should submit a Research Foundation Employment Application, cover letter and resume to:
K. Melodie Guerrera
WTC Monitoring Program
1345 Motor Parkway, 1st Floor
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Fax # 631-630-6299
Job Category: B) Administrative and Professional Positions (excluding teaching and patient/clinical care).
THE RESEARCH FOUNDATION OF SUNY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.