Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Lead Teacher - Preschool (PR11132013YP) « Position Deleted on 1/05/2014 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Child Development Center
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest collegiate degree received
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Lead Teacher for Preschool students is accountable for the day-to-day teaching, supervision, and management of the preschool classroom and environment. The position is also accountable for assuring the health, welfare and safety of all Center students, the maintenance of accurate records and compliance with University and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Education from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- Current Birth-Kindergarten License.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in both preschool and infant centers.
- Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
- Current North Carolina Driver's License and clean driving record.
- Capability to effectively teach, supervise and manage a preschool classroom environment; presenting activities in such a way that students are encouraged to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, to increase motivation, to develop a positive self-image, and to clarify their values.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population.
- Proficiency utilizing up-to-date computer technology.
- Ability to operate an automobile and possession of a valid driver's license.
- Teaching expertise in Early Childhood education.
- Social Emotional Foundation for Early Learning (SEFEL) techniques
- NC Child Care Licensing and Requirements
- NAYEC Accreditation
- Up-to-date first aid and CPR procedures.
- Fundamental computer skills.
- Master's degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited institution of higher learning or related discipline.
- Utilization of instructional technology relating to preschool-aged students.
- Effectively teaching preschool-aged students in the university's Child Development Center.
- Develops lesson plans to coincide with theoretical practices of how preschool children learn.
- Directs instructions that will build emergent literacy, math and reading skills, and motor and social development
- Utilizes a variety of teaching strategies that will enhance the development in the domains of social, cognitive, language and physical; including appropriate instructional technology.
- Presents teaching materials in an understandable and effective manner which promotes inquiry-based practices, peer collaboration, and social-emotional development.
- Implements Social Emotional Foundation for Early Learning (SEFEL) techniques to promote positive behavior and build self- esteem and self- awareness.
- Assesses children based on the guidelines of Teaching Strategies GOLD; develops portfolios and tracks progress.
- Maintains an open, friendly and cooperative relationship with each child's family, encouraging their involvement in all aspects of the program.
- Coordinates parent/family volunteers in the classroom.
- Supervises Education Department student teachers.
- Assures the health, welfare and safety of all students.
- Conducts at least three home visits and four parent conferences with each child's family per year.
- Meets the daily needs of all children (i.e. food prep, toileting)
- Develops, maintains, and submits accurate, timely, and complete records, forms, reports, requests, etc.
- Maintains effective collegial communication, professional interaction, and functional relations within the assigned main-campus academic department.
- Actively participates in professional development to remain current in all childcare licensing, policies and regulations.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 10 months (August - May)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience, contingent upon external funding.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.