Job Seekers, Sign In
Business Adjunct Faculty « Position Deleted on 2/19/2014 »
|Institution:||Mount Washington College|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsPosition Summary
The mission of the Instructor, regardless of the curriculum, is to provide the student(s), our customer(s), with the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain entry-level employment in the field of their chosen program of study. To accomplish this mission, all instructors will utilize their talents, skills, and abilities in a coordinated and consistent team effort under the guidance and supervision of the Director of Education/Academic Dean/Program Chair, or his or her designee.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide an engaging learning environment and facilitate hands-on activities in which students with differing learning modalities may attain success.
- Maintain program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
- Report concerns regarding student attendance academic progress to appropriate person.
- Refer students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assist the school in retention efforts which may include telephoning students who are not engaged in the course, attending new student orientation, attending graduation, etc.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that are applicable to the program and actively participate in professional development.
- Participate in institutional assessment.
- Regularly attend and participate in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions as required.
- Assist in curriculum review as required.
- Maintain and submit accurate and timely reports for student attendance and grades.
- Maintain open and timely communication with students and the school
- Provide students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Maintain professional development plan, teaching eligibility forms, and current licensure documentation.
- Be knowledgeable of and maintain target retention and attendance performance in the classroom Be engaged in the enrollment process
- Seeking candidates to teach on-site at Campus locations in Manchester, Nashua and Salem.
- Master's degree in Business related courses, specifically Accounting, Finance, Economics, Operations and Project Management. Doctorate/PhD in listed content areas preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.