Banner Database Administrator
Xavier University is seeking applications for the position of Banner Database Administrator. The Banner database administrator provides technical expertise in the design, implementation and maintenance of the Banner ERP system and environment. The position ensures that the system is kept up to date by installing upgrades and patches. The position monitors the Banner ERP system to insure optimal performance and works with the Oracle database administrator to insure proper security, integrity, and recovery of data. The position is responsible for granting, monitoring, and reporting on access to the Banner system. The position may coordinate activities of a project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and cost. The Banner database administrator must have the ability to adapt quickly to change and be highly effective at working in a team environment.
1. Administer and support production and test instances of Banner ERP system:
- Implements routine maintenance procedures and monitoring of production and test Banner ERP systems.
- Ensures Banner ERP system software is kept up to date via patches and upgrades.
- Identifies, tests, and resolves complex Banner ERP issues (e.g., troubleshooting and configuration).
- Ensures production and test instances of Banner are kept in sync.
- Migrates software/data changes to production environment.
- Participates in a 24x7 production support on-call rotation.
- Responsible for verifying all data to be entered into database meets set standards and requirements.
2. Performs other application system management functions as required:
- Installs and configures application software.
- Performs upgrades and patches.
- Utilizes configuration management to maintain continuity between development and production systems.
- Accurately and effectively documents processes and procedures
- Regularly monitors and reports on Banner access.
- Adds/removes user access to the Banner system.
Required Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Information Systems
- 3 - 5 years experience working specifically with the Ellucian Banner ERP system
- Experience with Oracle databases is required.
- Experience with LINUX operating system is required.
- Experience writing PL/SQL code is a plus but not required.
- Oracle OCA/OCP are a plus but not required.
- Experience with Evisions Form Fusion and Intellicheck are a plus but not required.
To ensure consideration, interested candidates must submit a resume, cover letter and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references on-line by February 18, 2013.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerJob Location
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States