Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor -- Teaneck
Reporting to the Director, School of Natural Sciences, the Chemistry Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for all non-faculty related aspects of laboratory activities for Chemistry. Responsibilities include maintenance of all teaching laboratories; preparation and distribution of all laboratory materials, chemicals and equipment; ordering of all materials for teaching laboratories; maintenance of the stock room; overseeing maintenance of laboratory equipment; and assuring compliance with federal, state and local regulations in the handling and disposal of laboratory materials and chemicals. Responsible for the supervision of student workers. Serve as backup for Biology Laboratory Supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in a natural science; Chemistry or Biochemistry preferred. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years applied experience in Chemistry and/or chemistry laboratory preparation and supervision, preferably in an academic environment.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DOT and other applicable safety regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective communication with faculty, students, and vendors.
- Proficiency with computerized laboratory equipment and computerized inventory and bookkeeping methods.
- Must be available to work non-standards hours as required, including evenings and occasional weekends.
- Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf