Executive Assistant to VP for Business and Finance/CFO E12-054
- Admin - Executive Assistants
- Admin - Business and Financial Services
The Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Business and Finance (CFO) will perform skilled administrative and high level support services primarily to the CFO and the Department of Business and Finance and secondarily to the Finance, Audit and Investment Committee. Must be able to work in fast pace environments while taking the initiative to learn new systems and stay current in area of expertise. May be required to perform duties outside of normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Act as first point of contact for the CFO and the Department of Business and Finance. Assist CFO daily: receive and return phone calls and handle as appropriate.
- Provide administrative support to the Finance, Investment Sub Committee and Audit Committees. Perform administrative duties and functions requiring confidentiality, initiative and sound decision -making, as well as, occasionally acting as supervisor to lower level support staff. This includes but is not limited to constant communications with committee members in planning meetings.
- Calendar management: coordinate and schedule appointments and meetings. Must be able to work efficiently and handle multiple projects.
- Distribute monthly and/or quarterly financial and investment mailings to all Board members.
- Produce presentation with PowerPoint and Excel as directed by the CFO.
- Assist CFO with all investment communication between Investment Advisor/ Money Managers/Custodians.
- Support the CFO and College Accountant with the components of the annual audit, initial meetings/audit confirms/maintenance of the distribution of the audit reports and 990 forms. Responsible for the maintenance of all Finance related committee meetings minutes to the auditors.
- Along with the VP of Business and Finance responsible for the preparation of the annual budgets packets. Also assists with any budget administrations process.
- Interface with insurance brokers on supplemental information. Keep insurance files up to date and organized. Responsible for the annual vehicle registration, along with updating all required certifications.
- Receive daily mail, sort and distribute properly; make copies of financial statements, handouts and other documents. Must keep CFO apprised of time sensitive matters/mailings/phone calls/fax/scans and mail letters and other documents.
- Organize and maintain files regularly for CFO in compliance with established procedures and standards to ensure completeness, confidentiality and easy retrieval.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate Business and Finance meetings, retreats and other events with other departments. Prepare agendas, make copies, set up room, coordinate speakers, take and type notes, order/pick up/layout refreshments, etc.
- Manage purchasing and monthly statements. Order Business and Finance Department supplies and inventory. Assist with college purchase and order process.
- Assist with writing and revising various policies and procedures, plans and processes.
- Assist with travel arrangements for the CFO and Business office staff as needed and process expense reports, as well as manage petty cash.
Bachelors in accounting, MBA is preferred, minimum of 5+ year's relevant experience in accounting/finance.
Must have experience in Board Relations experience, proficient skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet. Must have knowledge of office procedures, practice and equipment use. Must be able to prioritize task and meet deadlines with minimum supervision, have excellent customer service skills and be able to work effectively with a variety of people from different levels in the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.