Upward Bound Night Dorm Workers J13-14
Edward Waters College will become a national model for dynamic, globally-diverse learning-centered community that champions academic excellence through innovative teaching and learning strategies under-girded by a spirit of servant leadership.
Edward Waters College is currently seeking a NIGHT SUPERVISOR for its Upward Bound Program. This is a temporary position.
With moderate guidance from the Director of the Upward Bound Program, the Night Supervisor will serve as the onsite supervisor for summer program participants living on campus. The supervisor is required to remain on shift until released by another staff member; release time is determined by the Director of the Upward Bound Program.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts random room checks and documents time of checks.
2. Provides supervision during night coverage.
3. Documents all room checks and incidents.
4. Performs other program related duties as assigned.
5. Follows Edward Waters College's Dress Code.
6. Follows Edward Waters College's Code of Conduct.
7. Becomes familiar with, remains current, supports, and ensures compliance with all College policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates proficiency in our professional competency areas which are business mindset, communication, customer focus, drives for results and teamwork.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Possesses a High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Knowledge of the Internet, Windows and Microsoft software applications.
4. Creativity, flexibility and strength in multi-tasking.
5. Commitment to exemplary service and support to program participants.
6. Must be able to pass pre and post employment assessments, mandatory criminal background, credentialing and reference checks.
1. Student Service Orientation. Proactively develops student relationships by making efforts to listen to and understand the student; anticipates and provides solutions to student needs; gives high priority to student satisfaction.
2. Impact. Creates a good first impression; commands attention and respect; shows an appropriate air of confidence.
3. Initiative. Makes active attempts to influence events to achieve goals; self-starting rather than accepting passively; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; acts proactively.
4. Integrity. Maintains and promotes social, ethical and institutional norms in conducting internal and external business activities.
5. Teamwork and Collaboration. Works effectively with teams, work groups or those outside formal line of authority to accomplish institutional goals; takes actions that respect the needs and contribution of others; contributes to and accepts the consensus; subordinates own objectives to the objective of the institution or team.