Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Assistant Coach - Cross-Country, Track & Field (PR04302013RP) « Position Deleted on 9/18/2013 »
|Posted:||07/10/2013 (Reposted Job: Initially posted on 04/11/2013)|
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Athletics
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
The Assistant Cross-Country/Track & Field Coach will be responsible for developing a competitive NCAA Division II cross-country and track & field program. The individual will be responsible for maintaining NCAA, CIAA and University compliance. The individual will assist in fundraising and committee assignments as assigned. The individual will be responsible for recruitment, retention, and skill training as it relates to developing a successful NCAA Division II Cross-Country/Track & Field program. The Athletic Director or his designee will serve as the primary supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning or a related discipline.
- A minimum of one year cross-country/track & field coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- Master's Degree and/or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of three years coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level.
- Effectively teach fundamentals and strategies of track & field during practice sessions.
- Assist with preparation of an effective practice/training plan for sports program.
- Motivate athletes to perform at peak ability.
- Motivate athletes to become successful.
- Successfully recruit and retain talented athletes that will meet the admission requirements of Shaw University and eligibility/continuing eligibility requirements of NCAA, CIAA and Shaw University.
- Effectively counsel student-athletes on requirements for personal conduct, academic performance, and athletic participation, including good sportsmanship.
- Effectively evaluate tapes/CD's/letters submitted by prospective student athletes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and outside contacts.
- Maintain detailed and accurate files and records.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters pertaining to the University's cross-country/track &field program.
- Organize tasks and time to ensure timely completion of all projects and responsibilities.
- Plan own work after objective is set by the supervisor.
- Adapt to and support a changing work environment.
- Direct personal actions and conduct to support the success of the departmental and organizational goals, processes and managerial directives.
- Use good judgment in recognizing the scope of authority.
- Consistently demonstrate responsibility, accountability, and dependability.
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.