Job Seekers, Sign In
Director of Development/Foundation Executive Director « Position Deleted on 1/10/2014 »
|Institution:||University of Wisconsin Colleges|
|Location:||Rice Lake, WI|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsATTENTION:
UW-Barron County seeks applications for the Director of Development/Foundation Executive Director to develop, lead, and manage a comprehensive advancement program that encompasses donor relations, public visibility, professional outreach, annual campaign activities, and other fundraising initiatives. This individual reports to the UW-Barron County Campus Dean/CEO and serves as Executive Director (ex-officio) of the UW-Barron County Foundation, a 501(c)3 organization that raises funds to support scholarships for campus students and for other purposes related to the campus mission.
60% Donor relations, stewardship, and recognition:
- Designing strategies to identify, cultivate, strengthen and promote new and existing relationships with potential donors, including community members, alumni, corporations and foundations,
- Creating and managing donor acquisition and retention programs by:
- developing effective organizational and communications strategies linking potential donor interests with Campus and Foundation programs and needs,
- conducting prospect research and establish contacts by direct mail, background information surveys, social media, or other tools,
- planning and conducting visits, events and other ongoing contacts to build relationships with donors, corporations and foundations, effectively presenting the case for philanthropic support, and explaining giving opportunities
- planning and implementing donor recognition programs,
- Performing ongoing assessment of development activities and objectives,
- Integrate development and fundraising activities through collaboration with campus internal and external departments and organizations
- Manage annual fundraising campaigns for Campus and Foundation priorities
- Prepare grant requests to individuals, corporations, foundations, and government entities for campus initiatives
- Assist the Foundation in Board development.
- Establishing and managing a donor database using customer relationship management software or similar programs,
- Reviewing, developing, implementing and documenting procedures for efficient and accountable management of donations and funds transfers.
- Organizing Foundation Board meetings and business.
- Other duties as necessary to success of the position, Campus, and Foundation.
- Perform related administration functions/assignments and/or service as an Academic Staff member of the University
- Attend necessary development, trainings, or seminars as needed in keeping abreast current outreach activities
- Bachelor's degree in business, development, outreach, or related field.
- Related experience or training as a development or gift officer
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet and database software (such as MS Office or OpenOffice, customer relationship management (CRM) software) and social media applications
- Related experience working independently to plan, prioritize, and accomplish strategies and objectives
- Experience working collaboratively in groups or as a team member
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills
- Advanced degree
- Experience in leading successful annual capital giving programs
- Professional experience in an institution of higher education and/or a non-profit organization
UW- Barron County is a two-year liberal arts campus of the University of Wisconsin Colleges founded in 1966 and located in Rice Lake, approximately one hour north of Eau Claire and two hours east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. UW-Barron has a student body of approximately 650 students, most of whom are in classes on campus and some of whom are served through various distance education modes. Additional information about the campus can be found at www.barron.uwc.edu.
The University of Wisconsin Colleges is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity institution committed to diversity and inclusiveness among its employees and programs and actively seeks and encourages applications from all underrepresented groups. It is our policy to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If requested, confidentiality of application can be maintained until an applicant is deemed a finalist in the search.
A background check will be conducted for finalist candidates.
TO ENSURE CONSIDERATION:
Applications with the required materials must be received by November 10, 2013.
Applicant must apply through our online candidate gateway. Required materials are: a letter of application detailing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications, a resume, unofficial transcript, and list of minimally three references with current contact information (phone number and email). Since required materials will need to be submitted at the time of application, please take the time to gather your required materials first, as this will ease your application process. Questions regarding this position may be directed to Ms. Dawn Dodge (Dean's Executive Assistant / email@example.com / 715.234.8176 ext. 5427).
For technical assistance in applying for this position, please contact the University Service Center at (888) 298-4159.
The University of Wisconsin Colleges is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from women and minorities.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.