Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Director of Alumni Relations & Planned Giving (PR11152013SH) « Position Deleted on 4/22/2015 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Alumni Relations
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- A minimum of two years related professional experience, (including direct fundraising, planning and managing special events, identifying, training and coordination of volunteers, preferably in higher education).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and direct overall alumni outreach efforts to meet desired objectives.
- Professionally communicate through exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills, through the development and composition of complex reports and/or correspondence.
- Knowledge of regulations governing fundraising.
- Computer skill proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel software, website applications and social networking sites.
- Ability to periodically work extended workdays and occasional weekends.
- Legally operate an automobile in the State of North Carolina, valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse population.
- Direct fundraising experience in higher education
- Plans and implements timely and effective alumni fundraising strategies, programs, supporting actions and procedures, in support of the University's established strategic goals, priorities and objectives.
- Directs the stewardship of alumni gift giving through effective research, identification, cultivation and solicitation, utilizing direct mail, email and personal solicitation.
- Facilitates relationship building with alumni through the planning and implementation of several annual local and regional alumni receptions, alumni reunion(s), current student/alumni transition programs, and University events.
- Effectively recruits, trains and manages alumni volunteers, including members of the National Alumni Association and chapter presidents, class-reunion committees, the senior class gift committee, class representatives, and others.
- Plans and implements alumni volunteer calling nights for annual fundraising, reunion giving and event attendance
- Provides leadership and support for student phone-a-thons.
- Develops strategic objectives for appropriate outcomes-based assessment.
- Effectively collaborates with other areas of the University to strengthen alumni relations.
- As a management team member, visibly supports and actively participates in carrying out the University's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Ensures compliance with all departmental and University policies and procedures and external regulations.
- Monitors and tracks budgetary expenses.
- Participates in/attends major functions of the University.
- Measures and reports results of assigned program efforts.
- Pursues self-study and continuing education.
- Lead and positively support University change initiative established by executive management.
- Consistently demonstrate responsibility, accountability and dependability.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 12 months
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.