Job Seekers, Sign In
FT Staff: Grant Accountant (PR10312013YT) « Position Deleted on 12/19/2013 »
|Application Due:||Open Until Filled|
This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobsDEPARTMENT: Fiscal Affairs
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply.
To be considered for employment, a candidate who meets job opening qualifications must complete the following steps for EACH job opening to which the qualified candidate applies.
Submit ALL the following documents in ONE package directly to the Human Resources Department, by ONLY ONE of the following methods: mailed hard copy (recommended for the best presentation of your credentials), or by fax to (919) 546-8484.
- A fully completed Shaw University Application Form (see link below for write-in Application).
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Unofficial transcript of the highest degree received
A resume or curriculum vitae without an accompanying Shaw University Application Form, and other required documents, cannot be accepted.
Any potential hire is contingent upon the FINALIST candidate's ordering OFFICIAL transcript(s) of the highest degree received (as required by the job posting qualifications) to be MAILED DIRECTLY FROM the institution(s) DIRECTLY to: Human Resources Department, Shaw University, 118 E. South Street, Raleigh, NC 27601. Hand-delivered sealed transcripts will not be considered as official - they must be received directly from the awarding institution(s).
Candidates are personally responsible for any potential travel and/or relocation expenses incurred.
Provides accounting and reporting of all grants. Ensures expenditures are in line with grant agreements, and that financial transaction and reporting are done efficiently and timely.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3 years of work experience in accounting or financial auditing
- Customer-focused aptitude.
- Demonstrated analytical and communication skills - both written and oral
- Computer skill proficiency utilizing MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and produce accurate professional work products under timelines.
- Flexibility and willingness to periodically work extended workdays and occasional weekends as needed to meet desired objectives.
- Grant accounting experience
- Master's degree and/or CPA designation
- Verifies that all transactions are in accordance with the approved grant budgets.
- Prepares and processes all grant-related journal entries.
- Reviews requests for disbursements and prepares such requests for approval by the Vice President for Fiscal Affairs.
- Prepares invoices and requisitions for payment.
- Ascertains institutional compliance with local, state, and federal agency regulations.
- Prepares quarterly and annual financial status reports as require by the respective funding agencies or sources.
- Conducts monthly reconciliation of Title III grants and cash drawdowns and reports to department leadership.
- Assists Controller in the coordination of Tile IV grants to ensure funds are properly disbursed.
- Sets up new budget codes.
- Sets up new grant budgets.
- Assists with preparation of annual budgets.
POSITION SCHEDULED: 12 months
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid annual leave
- Paid holidays
From time to time, benefits may be added or deleted from the Shaw University benefits package.
- Must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Subject to a background check, drug screen.
The preceding job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. It does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise.
Do NOT use the "Apply for this position through My HigherEdJobs.com" feature to apply. Follow the APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS at the top of this job posting.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.