Assistant Professor - Biology
The Biology Department at Farmingdale State College invites applications for a tenure track Assistant Professor position beginning on
September 2014 or later by arrangement. This is a 10-month position with responsibilities of teaching introductory and advanced biology
courses, advising students, and curriculum review and development in biology. The successful candidate is expected to engage in research
leading to the publication of peer-reviewed articles and external grant applications. Advanced undergraduate students are often involved in
the research activities as interns mentored by the faculty member.
QUALIFICATIONS: Only candidates who have completed a PhD in a field related to biology at the time of application will be considered. At least one year of experience teaching at the undergraduate level in genetics and the ability to teach in one additional area, such as microbiology, molecular biology or cell biology, is required.
A successful candidate will also possess the following:
- Postdoctoral training or an ongoing research program
- Ability to establish external funding for their research
- Peer-reviewed publications
- Ability to relate to and work with students in various aspects of their academic pursuits.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Grant writing experience
- Research that can be supported and enhanced by existing research in the Department at Farmingdale
- This is a full-time, 10 month faculty position.
- POSITION AVAILABLE: September 1, 2014
- CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: March 14, 2014
- Salary $65,000 may increase commensurate with experience
A letter of application with curriculum vitae and the addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three references should be submitted online. www.farmingdale.edu
Only applications submitted online will be considered.