Dir Std Services Speed School (Job Id: 28706)
Position Deleted on 11/13/2012. This position is no longer an active posting on HigherEdJobs.
Speed School of Eng
Admin - Academic Advising
|Location:||Speed School of Eng|
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Louisville is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, committed to diversity and in that spirit, seeks applications from a broad variety of candidates.
Master's degree in Counseling, Education, Higher Education, Psychology or related field and five years of related experience. Additional experience may be used on a one-to-one basis to offset educational requirements. The university offers market competitive salary and benefits. Grade EH
Prefer candidate to have team leadership, advising experience, and knowledge of the engineering profession.
The J.B. Speed School of Engineering is seeking a Director of Student Advising & Student Services. The Director will oversee a planned centralized Speed School Office of Student Services. This office will provide advising and student services for all Speed School students in one central location. The Director will report directly to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs.
General responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a mission statement for a centralized Speed School Student Service Center.
- Develop programs that provide opportunities for students to become aware and develop as individuals preparing for a variety of life roles.
- Supervise (8) academic counselors, including training, evaluation, and professional development.
- Develop new modes of delivery of academic advising.
- Manage the Speed School Student Service Center, including budget preparation, periodic audit and revision of procedures, and facilities improvement as needed.
- Develop positive relationships within the School of Engineering.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, systemic evaluation of the Center.
- Develop effective relations with external units.
- Coordinate student special events (commencement, honors & awards,etc.).
- Assume additional responsibilities as determined by the Associate Dean of Academic.
- Direct centralized Speed School Office of Student Affairs and supervise staff
- Coordinate advising services with Speed departments for all students (checksheets, policies, requirements, etc.)
- Coordinate student services (registration, degree audits, drop/adds, etc.)
- Make decisions on student requests and advise & counsel individual students on academic issues
- Coordinate retention programs (Learning Communities, Flight Plans, Advisement Reports, etc.)
- Coordinate student special events (commencement, honors and awards, etc.)
- Coordinate advising services for orientation
- Coordinate advising services with the University (committees, meetings, events, services, SI, REACH, etc.)
- Develop strategic plans & assessment tools for advising & student services and provide leadership for improvement
- Develop reporting system/prepare periodic & annual reports
To apply for this position, follow the "Online App. Form" link below and then click on the "Apply Now". You must answer all required fields and submit your application by clicking the "Submit" button. Detailed instructions are available at louisville.edu/jobs in the "My Career Tools" section. Vacancies are routinely removed from the jobs portal around 7:00PM each Monday.
Computers are available for application submission at the Human Resources Department located at 1980 Arthur Street - Louisville, Kentucky 40208. For more information, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone 502-852-6542.
If you require assistance or accommodation with our online application process, you may schedule an appointment at (502) 852-6542 with Employment Services at the Human Resources office located at 1980 Arthur Street, Louisville, KY 40208.
© Copyright 2015 Internet Employment Linkage, Inc.